Questions about Verizon's new plans and how to keep unlimited data.

Discussion in 'Mobile Devices & Gadgets' started by FearoftheNight, Nov 6, 2012.

1. FearoftheNight

FearoftheNight Diamond Member

Hey guys I'm on a family plan and currently grandfathered into the unlimited $30 4G plan. One of the other lines that currently not a smartphone is coming up for an upgrade soon. In the past I've been able to get the subsidized price for a new smartphone by renewing the dumbphone line a smartphone and then removing the data plan.

Would it be possible to do so with Verizon's current plans? I don't want to lose my unlimited data...

Thanks in advance!

2. AkumaX

AkumaX Lifer

Yes!

3. boomhower

boomhower Diamond Member

Yep, I did the same thing last week. Upgrade the dump phone to a smartphone with data package. Move smartphone to another line, reactivate dumb phone and remove data package. Works fine and keep unlimited data.

4. aaksheytalwar

aaksheytalwar Diamond Member

Unlimited 4G usage for just $30 pm?

5. Chiropteran

Chiropteran Diamond Member

$30 extra, not just $30. That $30 is attached to a voice plan, so total monthly is at least $75 after taxes and fees for Verizon customers, and higher for many.

It's a good deal compared to Verizon's new share-everything plans, which is why people want to stick with it if they have it.