Questions about Verizon's new plans and how to keep unlimited data.

FearoftheNight

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2003
Hey guys I'm on a family plan and currently grandfathered into the unlimited $30 4G plan. One of the other lines that currently not a smartphone is coming up for an upgrade soon. In the past I've been able to get the subsidized price for a new smartphone by renewing the dumbphone line a smartphone and then removing the data plan.

Would it be possible to do so with Verizon's current plans? I don't want to lose my unlimited data...

Thanks in advance!

AkumaX

Lifer
Apr 20, 2000
Hey guys I'm on a family plan and currently grandfathered into the unlimited $30 4G plan. One of the other lines that currently not a smartphone is coming up for an upgrade soon. In the past I've been able to get the subsidized price for a new smartphone by renewing the dumbphone line a smartphone and then removing the data plan.

Would it be possible to do so with Verizon's current plans? I don't want to lose my unlimited data...

Thanks in advance!

Yes!

boomhower

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2007
Yep, I did the same thing last week. Upgrade the dump phone to a smartphone with data package. Move smartphone to another line, reactivate dumb phone and remove data package. Works fine and keep unlimited data.

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
Unlimited 4G usage for just $30 pm?

$30 extra, not just $30. That $30 is attached to a voice plan, so total monthly is at least $75 after taxes and fees for Verizon customers, and higher for many.

It's a good deal compared to Verizon's new share-everything plans, which is why people want to stick with it if they have it.