Questions about transferring Universities

WombRaider

Banned
Jun 21, 2007
I currently attend the University of Minnesota, and I'm interested in transferring to the University of St. Thomas - St. Paul for Spring 08. However, I have a couple of questions about the transfer.

Is it easier to transfer in Spring (2nd semester) than Fall? The benefit of transferring in Spring is that there aren't many new incoming freshmen, however, at the same time, there aren't a lot of graduating seniors during the middle of the school year. The school's site lists a minimum GPA 2.3 for transfer consideration. My current GPA is relatively low at 2.8.

Parasitic

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2002
I'd imagine it depends on the program. You're better off contacting the school you're interested in transferring, then the specific department.

RKS

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
are both schools on the same academic calendar? (semesters vs. quarters). Sometimes that makes it more difficult in transferring credits.

WombRaider

Banned
Jun 21, 2007
Originally posted by: RKS
are both schools on the same academic calendar? (semesters vs. quarters). Sometimes that makes it more difficult in transferring credits.

They're both on semesters calender.

Skeeedunt

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2005
I think you can sometimes have better luck transferring in Spring. Do you care if you graduate in the middle of the year instead of with everybody else?

Transferability of credits will vary wildly between schools and departments and majors and everything else, so you'd better ask to be sure. You may want to get it in writing if possible so they don't dick around with you later (not that it will necessarily help).

WombRaider

Banned
Jun 21, 2007
Originally posted by: Skeeedunt
I think you can sometimes have better luck transferring in Spring. Do you care if you graduate in the middle of the year instead of with everybody else?

Transferability of credits will vary wildly between schools and departments and majors and everything else, so you'd better ask to be sure. You may want to get it in writing if possible so they don't dick around with you later (not that it will necessarily help).

No I don't mind graduating in the middle of the year.