Questions about Futurama

cvlegion

Jan 5, 2001
My question about the Futurama issue is: Matt Groening owns the rights to the show right? Why can?t he take it to some place like Comedy Central? I think that there are many networks that would actually appreciate his talent. I can see other shows being treated this way, even though that doesn?t make it right. However, this is Matt Groening, right? He is the only reason that Fox is a widely watched network. Fox would be nothing without the Simpsons. Matt Groening has made them well over a billion dollars and even the vice president officially acknowledged this. Also why can?t they syndicate. If Fox doesn?t appreciate the goose who lays golden eggs, why force it to die. I guess I am wondering: does Futurama have to die with Fox.

Also, if Fox makes Futurama die, I will permanently boycott Fox television. I like the Simpsons but I have a lot more passion for Futurama. I can always by the Simpsons DVDs.

b0mbrman

Lifer
Jun 1, 2001
I don't know...originally Futurama had it's own kind of funny but now, it seems to be a Simpsons clone of sorts...oddly enough, I notice that King of the Hill takes a more Simpsonesque slant on humor nowadays too :confused:

cvlegion

Jan 5, 2001
Futurama is fresh. The Simpsons never age, they seem to have run out of ideas. Futurama is a different time, different dimension. Futurama is very different. The humor is quite different. I still love the Simpsons but Futurama is much more humorous.

Jun 18, 2000

<< Any more comments >>

Sure. I'm counting the days 'til they cancel the Simpson's. I've seen all of the episodes they run in syndication about 10 times each, and I groan every time a new episode comes on. They lost the "touch" about 2-3 seasons ago. It's strange. I love King of the Hill, Futurama, and Family Guy, but the newer Simpson's episodes I can't stand.

Edit: Sweet a KotH rerun just started. :)