Question: Where does Bush get all the money to fund his plans???

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

labmice

Feb 22, 2000
going to get nforce mbd when i comes out...

and didn't sell any of my stocks, besides i always invest long term...

nonetheless, im feel that america won't really go into recession, instead i see it just as a time with slow economic. every company is trying to find a foot hold to earn some kind of profit. the layoff and bankruptcy simply has to do with the mirage of the dot com success. with major lay off in one sector, there'll be major lay off in another. the chain effect will eventually stop until a couple major company earn big revenues.

sorry for the poor gramatics, i just woke up... btw thanx for explain everything to me...

can someone please explain the difference between debts and deficits...

labmice

Feb 22, 2000
Logix: you're quite right... with the 300 bucks i receive from bush's tax cut... i'll be able to buy the nforce mbd that i been wanting... :)

sad thing is that i already partied that money away after the week i got it... guess i was just trying to show my trust in US economic by spending my 300 bucks :)

as for my new computer... i'll just keep on dreaming until i earn enough money... :)

Lucky

Lifer
Nov 26, 2000
That surplus is where Bush is getting the money to fund the millitary campaign against terror and help NYC get back on it's feet.

The money is pretty much gone. We are dipping into social security surpluses now as well as borrowing more money.

Deficit is the year-to-year figure, as explained above. For example, we spend 100 billion (false figures) but only take in 90 billions, we have a 10 billion dollar deficit. Over the years, say 10 year, that 10 billion per year deficit will add up, and thats called the national debt. After 10 years, that would add up to 100 billion dollars, plus interest of course.

understand?

XD

Sep 21, 2001
The airline flights as a whole are up to 70% what they were before 9/11. The passenger levels are 50% of what they were. If you were comparing 2000 with 2001, that would be a different story. 2000 was one of the best years the airlines had, before 9/11, 2001 was one of the worst in 20 years. Post 9/11, worst ever.

shifrbv

Feb 21, 2000
Well if Bush and Democrats get their way, there could be another tax rebate or payroll tax cut, which means more money in your pocket (assuming you pay taxes in the first place), which you can use toward a new computer.

From what I've seen Bush mainly wants to focus on extending unemployment benefits and accelerating business tax write-offs and depreciation. He may opt to accelerate his tax cuts, but he was quoted as saying "the consumers aren't the problem" so I don't know how much mileage that will get with him. I saw where there were quite a few votes for putting it in infrastructure.

O'Neill asked for 60-75B, but I heard this morning on CNBC that it might actually go to $100-125B when it comes out at the end of this month.

Helznicht

May 8, 2001
"Be patriotic. Go and spend your money"

I just bought a new van we didnt need, but wanted.

AND, am using the $600 we got back in taxes to FLY! to Florida to go to seaworld and visit my parents.

So I did my share. ;)

jehh

Banned
Jan 16, 2001

<< "Be patriotic. Go and spend your money"

I just bought a new van we didnt need, but wanted.

AND, am using the $600 we got back in taxes to FLY! to Florida to go to seaworld and visit my parents.

So I did my share. ;)
>>

Don't laugh, that helps more than you know...

Jason