Question to those in a couple about their significant others

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
Originally posted by: arcas
Originally posted by: MichaelD
Heh, nobody hijacked my account. It's me. :)

She's not perfect...neither am I. But, we are good for each other. Nobody's in a rush though...we'll see what happens.

/end hijack

Congrats Mike. Now, I think I'm going to have to demand pics of this fine catch. :D

Hmm. I'll be faxing you the 43-page N.D.A., the 22-page No-speak clause agreement and the 2-page organ donor agreement card...just in case, you know. ;)

SophalotJack

Banned
Jan 6, 2006
Dude, you should cherish life without a woman for as long as you can.

Are you one of those, "I need someone around all the time" tards that can't get anything done if you don't have a girl around?

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: SophalotJack

Are you one of those, "I need someone around all the time" tards that can't get anything done if you don't have a girl around?

:roll:

What works for you doesn't work for everyone. Personally, I've been "hitched" to one woman or another since I was 14. I'm 29 now. I've always enjoyed the companionship of a woman, but not at the sacrifice of my hobbies or free-time.

No regrets.

Feneant2

Golden Member
May 26, 2004

I will venture a guess as to say you play World of Warcraft?

Having a woman around is not a bad thing, the woman you spend your life with is supposed to be your best friend you know. Why be with a woman if you don't want to spend time with her?

Edit: I get the free time I want btw

buck

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Tell that biatch "Its been real", kick her to the curb and put a sign outside of that bachelor pad of yours that says open for business.

krunchykrome

Lifer
Dec 28, 2003
Originally posted by: Feneant2
I've a general question to those of you in a couple.

What would you say if your SO told you they were going out with someone of the other for a coffee or for a walk to talk. This would be that the other person asked them out after running into them at a club for whatever reason such as them working together or going to school together but there really is no reason for them to catch up on anything.

Would you consider this cheating or what do you make of it? By the details, it of course has to do with me although my situation makes no sense. The girl says we aren't in a relationship but stays with me 6 days a week by her choice because she likes being with me. I told her if she goes out with this guy that she would no longer be allowed to stay and she got all angry saying I am jealous, don't trust her, bla bla bla.

I told her she is too blind to see that a single guy she ran into at a club asking her out for coffee is not just an act of friendship.

What do you all say to this? I know I have to move on, but I just want to know for future reference if my reaction was overblown or what you would expect.

Is it just me or was reading this post a bit difficult? :confused:

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
My advice to you is to increase the deviancy of your sexual repetoire by a large amount. This relationship is going south in a hurry, you may as well get some good life experience out of it.

If you get wind of her REALLY cheating on you, then it's Dirty Sanchez time.

Rayden

Jun 25, 2001
Not that I have much experience in the area, but it seems to me that preventing someone from having the oppurtunity to cheat on you won't make them more loyal. If she wants to go let her. If she ends up cheating on you then you learned something you needed to right? The woman I want to marry is someone I want to be able to completely trust in any situation.

Although I sort of doubt you arent' thinking about marrying this one, so I really have nothing to offer.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: Rayden
Not that I have much experience in the area, but it seems to me that preventing someone from having the oppurtunity to cheat on you won't make them more loyal. If she wants to go let her. If she ends up cheating on you then you learned something you needed to right? The woman I want to marry is someone I want to be able to completely trust in any situation.

Although I sort of doubt you arent' thinking about marrying this one, so I really have nothing to offer.

I totally agree with this, and in the past, this mindset has helped me to get over a few breakups. The idea is, why would you want to be with someone who doesn't want to be with you?

Courting someone is one thing, but allowing them to walk all over you is another. Either they see you as a longterm mate or they don't. If they don't, why try to artificially cook something up? Let them go and move on.

Easier said than done I know, but necessary.

SophalotJack

Banned
Jan 6, 2006

I will venture a guess as to say you play World of Warcraft?

Having a woman around is not a bad thing, the woman you spend your life with is supposed to be your best friend you know. Why be with a woman if you don't want to spend time with her?

Edit: I get the free time I want btw

WoW? Nice.

However, I am not THAT lame.

If you took my words out of context (which I am assuming you might of) then let me explain that I am playing the "hardball" advisor on the topic.

What you say is exactly correct, but it is not characteristic of the OP's relationship with the girl (aka: ho bag) he is speaking of.

After all, she even said they are NOT exclusive.
She is pulling the safe routine and he is on the a$$ end of the equation to her master plan of never being lonely until she finds the right guy.

Jeraden

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
What would you say if your SO told you they were going out with someone of the other for a coffee or for a walk to talk. This would be that the other person asked them out after running into them at a club for whatever reason such as them working together or going to school together but there really is no reason for them to catch up on anything.

I guess I'll be the sole dissenting opinion in this thread. It's hard to actually read what you wrote above, but are you saying she met someone in a club that she already knew previously (either from working with them or going to school with them)? If thats the case, what's wrong with her going out with that person? You come off as extremely possessive if you object to your SO meeting up with an old acquaintence for whatever reason. I'm actually shocked so many people are agreeing with you. If I was her, I'd be pissed as hell that you were giving me grief and trying to dictate who I could and could not see, and I think she's completely justified in mentioning your jealousy and trusting her. That should be a huge warning sign to her that she should run or else face of life of being completely shackled to you and not being allowed to associate with the other sex at all for the rest of her life.

Feneant2

Golden Member
May 26, 2004
Originally posted by: Jeraden

I guess I'll be the sole dissenting opinion in this thread. It's hard to actually read what you wrote above, but are you saying she met someone in a club that she already knew previously (either from working with them or going to school with them)? If thats the case, what's wrong with her going out with that person? You come off as extremely possessive if you object to your SO meeting up with an old acquaintence for whatever reason. I'm actually shocked so many people are agreeing with you. If I was her, I'd be pissed as hell that you were giving me grief and trying to dictate who I could and could not see, and I think she's completely justified in mentioning your jealousy and trusting her. That should be a huge warning sign to her that she should run or else face of life of being completely shackled to you and not being allowed to associate with the other sex at all for the rest of her life.

No, it's not a friend, it's simply someone she ran into while at a club who basically said 'Hey, we had this course together, bla bla bla, want to go for coffee sometimes'. It's not like this is an old friend, it's just someone who liked what he saw and used the fact that they go to the same university as an excuse to ask her to coffee.

Stuxnet

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2005
Originally posted by: Jeraden

No, it's not a friend, it's simply someone she ran into while at a club who basically said 'Hey, we had this course together, bla bla bla, want to go for coffee sometimes'. It's not like this is an old friend, it's just someone who liked what he saw and used the fact that they go to the same university as an excuse to ask her to coffee.

Seriously. If you can't see this guy's motives, you're not a guy.

Most guys think like this: I have girls who are friends who I've bagged, and I have girls who are friends who I've not bagged.

Yes, there are exceptions. But, they are rare. Am I possessive because I don't care to take the time to try to differentiate between them? I really don't give a sh*t ;) .

If my wife is out with another man, I had better know him well or she had better be on business. Otherwise it's going up the pooper when she gets home.

Jan 31, 2002

He's banging her right now.

- M4H

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
the one thing i would do is to ask her to define her and your relationship...then take appropriate action from there...

apparently what she thinks you guys are is completely different than what you think.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Wow. You're getting played big time.

Basically you're her "keep me company/entertained until I find the right guy" person.

I sure as heck wouldn't allow my SO to go on a date (yes, she's going on a date with another guy). No way, no how. That isn't possesive, it's her being totally disrespectful and that's one thing I will NOT put up with.

Jun 19, 2004
sh1t man, I'll be odd man out....stay with her, she sounds like a keeper!

BTW, do you want me to send you back a cup of coffee with her whenI'm done with her?