Question to Austin TX locals and others.

serialkiller

Golden Member
Dec 9, 2003
I need to drop by a computer parts store so im debating on either fry's or that other store off of 1-35... i think its called altex?..austex?...altec?... something like that... I been there once but I forgot if they had good stuff and prices. Thanks for the help.

robphelan

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2003
altex is a good pure electronics store... their stuff is a little pricey if you don't have the time to buy online.

Hammer

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
i've only driven by the altex, looks pretty big though. fry's is good. i usually by online though.

serialkiller

Golden Member
Dec 9, 2003
I got all the big and expensive parts in through the mail... but now I just need random stuff like floppy drive, long dvi-d cable, and some random stuff here and there... stuff that usualy would be a waste of time and money ordering online.

Boogak

Diamond Member
Feb 2, 2000
If it's anything like the Altex in Addison, TX, their stuff will be horribly overpriced, not much better than a CompUSA or Best Buy. Go to Fry's.

mercanucaribe

Banned
Oct 20, 2004
Originally posted by: robphelan
altex is a good pure electronics store... their stuff is a little pricey if you don't have the time to buy online.

Their stuff is not only pricey, but their computer hardware is about 10 years old on average.