• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Question Question regarding new ram for a 5900x build, differences in what seems like same ram

nurturedhate

Golden Member
Aug 27, 2011
Looking at ram kits for a new 5900x build and had a question I wasn't easily able to answer. What is the difference between these three kits outside of aesthetics.

F4-4000C16D-32GTRS

F4-4000C16D-32GVK

F4-4000C16D-32GTZR

There's aslo the Neo line as well. Outside of marketing/aesthetics/cost I
cannot find a difference. What am I missing?

Also any suggestions welcomed.

MalVeauX

Dec 19, 2008
Heya,

While their white paper timings may be the same, the difference is likely in the binning and how much headroom they have as well as potential ranking. The Zeo's are known to handle quite a lot and are sort of the defacto goto for Ryzen performance when pushing speed and timings. Ripjaws are good out of the box. I can't speak much to the royals. If you're not trying to get the top 1% difference, then go with what's the most affordable unless you're into aesthetics.

Very best,

tived

Aug 22, 2006
Different models by same manufacture, look at each of your links and you can see that there are different features but they are like led or no led, bedazzled etc... timing wise they are similar. But as Mal said, they can each have different oc overheads - hence the price

i have ripjaws 4x 32gb 3200 in a Threadripper works great so far

ASK THE COMMUNITY