Question Regarding iPod touch

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: toekramp
not at the moment, wait for the hack

actually, it can via Orb... Well, technically it CANT because the touch isnt released yet, but when it is released, it can :)

I use Orb on my iPhone. Kinda convoluted but it works...
iPhone ---> Mac Mini ---> Windows XP (via Parallels) --> Orb :)

I can even listen to Sirius on there.

GrantMeThePower

Platinum Member
Jun 10, 2005
Two replies and no link to the right anandtech forum? I'm so disappointed I'm not even going to do it.

aphex

Moderator<br>All Things Apple
Jul 19, 2001
Originally posted by: GrantMeThePower
Two replies and no link to the right anandtech forum? I'm so disappointed I'm not even going to do it.

If you grant me the power to do it, i might oblige.

Mallow

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2001
Originally posted by: George P Burdell
Get a Nokia N800 instead.
I think she is wanting a mp3 player only or she would have asked about the iphone

Chronoshock

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2004
Originally posted by: Mallow
I think she is wanting a mp3 player only or she would have asked about the iphone

The n800 isn't a phone. It is an internet tablet, somewhat similar to a PDA but focused on internet related tasks. I own one and use it mainly for browsing, orb, and pandora.

jagec

Lifer
Apr 30, 2004
Originally posted by: Chronoshock
Originally posted by: Mallow

The n800 isn't a phone. It is an internet tablet, somewhat similar to a PDA but focused on internet related tasks. I own one and use it mainly for browsing, orb, and pandora.

You mean an "internet communications device":laugh:

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
is the i touch battery the same as the iphone? (i.e., is it soldered to the board so that after it stops holding a charge, you have to have apple replace it???)...

spacejamz

Lifer
Mar 31, 2003
Originally posted by: Aoleleb
of course, what ipod has a user replacable battery?

you can buy battery kits and replace the battery yourself on pretty much all of the ipods out there...

Text

however, for the iPhone, the battery is soldered to the board, so it is not 'user replaceable'...