Question on used games and serial numbers

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I'm looking to buy a handful of used games for $10:
Sims 3
Command & Conquer; Red Alert 3 (Premiere Edition)
Might & Magic Heroes V
Civilization IV
Warhammer 40k Dawn of War (Platinum Edition)
SimCity Box (SimCity 4 + others)
Supreme Commander; Forged Alliance
Lord of the Rings; Battle for Middle-Earth Anthology
WarCraft Battle Chest

Many of these have serial numbers to install (I'm specifically concerned with Sims 3). If I buy these, will I be able to install on my machine, or are those serials tied to 1 install or ???

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
The problem is these days it's hard to load used games like this as steam won't let you use any like that and not sure about origin.

A few of those you mention can be found online for about $10 each new so might as well get those unless you meant $10 total then good luck. :p

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
While you can register WarCraft with your Battle.Net account, I don't believe that it's required to run the game. It just adds download links for you. So, the WarCraft Battle Chest ought to be fine.

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
The problem is these days it's hard to load used games like this as steam won't let you use any like that and not sure about origin.

A few of those you mention can be found online for about $10 each new so might as well get those unless you meant $10 total then good luck. :p

$10 for the whole lot. That's the ONLY reason I'm considering it.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
$10 for the whole lot. That's the ONLY reason I'm considering it.

Ehh if you are able to get that deal just resell the ones that don't work for you on ebay or such and make sure you list that they are used as $10 for all of those is decent even if probably 1/2 won't work if they are linked somewhere else as some people use cracks to bypass such linked games.