Question for you Dreamcast junkies

Apr 5, 2000
Just wondering how you get online with the DC. I remember reading something about a Netzero hack that lets you use it on the DC - I'm not asking about that. I'm asking about how to get online with the DC using a regular DUN, if that is possible. (I bought my DC used so it didn't come with a DC instruction manual, so I don't know if that explained how to do it or not.)

Also, what exactly is this sega.net thing? On their website its saying its a fee based ISP "optimized" for DC playing. Would I have to use that to get online, and would I have to use that to play (for ex) Q3A or Phantasy Star Online?

j00

Sep 4, 2000
sega.net is supposedly very good for dc play. very little lag etc, but i dont know how they compare to a normal isp. you can use one as long as it doesnt have banners (ie, the netzero hack gives you dun for free).

http://mpog.efront.com/feature/onlinehelp/

ill see if i can find anything else. that's a start.

ltk007

Banned
Feb 24, 2000
No, you don't have to use Seganet's ISP for playing any of the DC games online. Basically its just a great gaming dialup ISP (low pings). I don't know about the netzero hack, I remember freei used to work before they shut down, maybe there is another free ISP out there that does work.

Apr 5, 2000
j00 - thanks for the link. Where does one get this "Dreamcast network software" it mentions? (I recall being able to buy some DC browser for like $5 or something at Gamestop

ltk - thanks. It didn't really figure that they would make people pay $21 just to play their games online

FrontlineWarrior

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2000
you need the web browser cd... it came with the dreamcast...
it's free so maybe you can find a backup of it on the net somewhere.