Question for those who wear glasses

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Ikonomi

Diamond Member
Dec 19, 2003
Originally posted by: ShotgunSteven
Originally posted by: Ikonomi
Do you have an astigmatism?

What do bleeding wounds in his hands and feet have to do with anything? :confused:

I keed, I keed! ;)

Stigmata... Astigmatism... Basically the same. :p

Anyway, I asked because I had a similar problem with my astigmatism-correcting glasses, except they'd also make everything look really small. I'm also very nearsighted, but I don't think I had those problems with other lenses. Maybe I just forgot, since I've been wearing contacts for a few years now.

mobobuff

Lifer
Apr 5, 2004
Yeah, so I guess it's not entirely uncommon...

I usually wear my contacts so it's not a problem, but sometimes I like to give my eyes a vacation and just deal with the glasses. The bulge isn't too extreme, in fact I get used to it with the glasses on for more than a couple hours. Then I take them off and put a fresh pair of contacts in and BOOM! The world is flat.

ggnl

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004
Yes, but if you wear them all the time you get used to it and dont notice it.

mobobuff

Lifer
Apr 5, 2004
Originally posted by: ggnl

Yep, that it does. But when I look at my 19" flat-screen monitor and it's not flat, I know there's trickery going on.

ggnl

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2004
Originally posted by: mobobuff
Originally posted by: ggnl

Yep, that it does. But when I look at my 19" flat-screen monitor and it's not flat, I know there's trickery going on.

If that's the case the Rx might be off. Has this happened with any other glasses you've owned or just this pair?

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
puwhen i put on cglases for the first time ro change glasses it happens but as time goes on wearing the same pair the effect goes away

cavemanmoron

Lifer
Mar 13, 2001
Originally posted by: vi_edit
Originally posted by: pyonir
Well i don't wear coke bottle glasses...so no.

:p

Ditto.

Coke bottle glasses,
look like the glass is from a refillable Coke bottle from the 1940's...
ie about 1/2 inch thick.

ask some old fart........ ;)
like me,LOL

My glasses are Not very thick/strong.

Oh and I use photogray Glass lenses.they don't scratch as easy.

mobobuff

Lifer
Apr 5, 2004
Well everything is still clear and sharp, it's just they produce that slight bulge effect. They don't give me a headache or make me dizzy, just that bulge.

I'll ask my ophthalmologist when I go to get my contacts renewed.

mooncancook

Platinum Member
May 28, 2003
it only happens when i have new glasses. Usually when i wear new glasses things look a little distorted and i have difficulty going up and down stairs quickly.