Question for those who have seen League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HonkeyDonk

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Amorphus
Originally posted by: Praetor
Originally posted by: Mingon
Only black and white if youve downloaded the dvd screener
rolleye.gif

So true, so true.

Why, is the DVD in color, but the video_ts file reads in BW? :confused:

i think that some dvd screeners have black/white parts so that they can do some color maintenence or something.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I tried to enjoy it, but it just seemed too unbelievable, overacted, convoluted, or just too dull to enjoy. Rent it first, buy it later, though I doubt many will.

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Amorphus
I had fun watching it. The problem with some of these people is that they have such high expectations for movies; they don't allow themselves to just get immersed in the plot. :)

Actually I had low expectations.
I had heard all the bad reviews. But I couldn't find anything else interesting to rent and I have enjoyed plenty of mindless entertainment type movies that got bad critical reviews.
I was expecting a mediocre, somewhat stupid, but hopefully mildly entertaining movie.

Instead what I got was a piece of crap that was painful to watch.
I turned it off right after the scene where they save the collapsing city by launching a rocket to hit just the right building. I can suspend disbelief, but that was the stupidest thing I've ever seen in my life and that was the last straw that made me turn it off.

The only reason I brought this post back was because I was going to post about how unbelievably bad this movie was so I did a search first to see if it had been discussed.

It is actually rather ironic that it features the character of Allan Quartermain since the only other adventure movie I can think of that was this bad was Allan Quartermain and the Lost City of Gold with Richard Chamberlain and Sharon Stone. It ranked a hefty 3.6/10 on IMDB.