Question for those losing or who have lost weight

Riprorin

Banned
Apr 25, 2000
I originally wanted to lose 10 lbs and now I've lost about 20 lbs.

I don't have a good sense of what the right weight for me is. I stil have a little flab around my waist.

I'm currently at 5'8" 152 - 155 lbs.

I've lost about about 3 - 4 lbs since this pic:

Pic

Are there any rules of thumb regarding ideal weight?

If I'm going to maintain my weight, I'll have to boost my intake as the weight still seems to be coming off.

abaez

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
According to the government, your BMI is in the normal range you are fine.

aolj

Golden Member
Feb 20, 2000
Do more ab work outs. That could grow some muscle and would add up some weight. Muscle is heavier than fat, the last I checked.

And I think your weight is fine.

Saltin

Platinum Member
Jul 21, 2001
Usually, only girls who arent fat think they are.

You're not a girl though, right?

Lager

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
You look like you're in good shape. Just a little more workout and you'll be ripped.

Regs

Lifer
Aug 9, 2002
You need to workout more. If you do not work out you can expect that little flab on your torso, not unless you want to be as skinny as a holocaust victim.

I goto the gym - do 30 Mins on a bike, 10 mins on a stair master, then another 30 mins lifting weights. I do this 4 times a week and I've been eating right while loosing fat fast. Muscle tone is what you need, 155 lbs is a perfect weight for a male your height. Judging by your pic I see hardly any fat at all, so if you want a six pack just keep working out.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Riprorin
I originally wanted to lose 10 lbs and now I've lost about 20 lbs.

I don't have a good sense of what the right weight for me is. I stil have a little flab around my waist.

I'm currently at 5'8" 152 - 155 lbs.

I've lost about about 3 - 4 lbs since this pic:

Pic

Are there any rules of thumb regarding ideal weight?

If I'm going to maintain my weight, I'll have to boost my intake as the weight still seems to be coming off.

Dude....you're fine. Just do some workouts with weights if you want to tone up more but you don't need to lose any weight. Unless you want to end up looking like a stick.

hzl eyed grl

Super Moderator<br>Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
I'd hit i.... Ummm, I mean, you look fine. :) But one thing, I think you lost all the weight because you seem to be missing your head. :confused: ;)

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
Yep. Stop worrying about what the scale says. Pay attention to inches and what your body looks like in the mirror.

Your body fat content looks fine. It could come down a little more without worry if you want to look more cut, but I'd do that through cardio, not diet, to save your muscle tone. Your upper body, especially your pecs, shoulders and lats need some work. Your arms are more developed than your trunk, which makes me think you're doing more arm work than compound lifts. You need to turn that around. In fact, do compound lifts only for a while and forego the arm exercises... your arms get great workouts when doing compound lifts anyhow.

(compound lifts = bench presses, rows, cleans, pull-ups/lat pull-downs, squats, etc)

Overall, though, realize that you are already in better shape than 90% of this fat country. So feel good about that :)

And realize this: You will gain weight when building muscle... but that's muscle weight which is good. That's why you ignore the scale, OK?

Riprorin

Banned
Apr 25, 2000
Originally posted by: hzl_eyed_grl
I'd hit i.... Ummm, I mean, you look fine. :) But one thing, I think you lost all the weight because you seem to be missing your head. :confused: ;)

Just wish my wife would "hit it" now and then! ;)

Spac3d

Banned
Jul 3, 2001
Lose a little more weight and you will have nice defintion.

How did you lose the weight? Looks like it did well for you.

Riprorin

Banned
Apr 25, 2000
I essentially eliminated baked goods, pasta, bread, rice, potatoes and junk food from my diet.

For breakfast I eat, Fiber One cereal or oatmeal (1/2 cup), soy milk, fruit and yogurt (plain, whole yogurt). For lunch I eat spinach salad, ham and turkey strips and blue cheese dressing. For an afternoon snack I eat an apple with peanut butter. For dinner, I ear fish, meat or tofu, vegetable and fruit and yogurt. In the evening, I snack on nuts and cheese.

Futher

Golden Member
Jan 18, 2002
If I had to eat that daily, there's no doubt I'd cry myself to sleep every night...

Futher

Golden Member
Jan 18, 2002
another thing... Every pound of muscle you gain burns an extra 50-150 calories per day. That's why you should eat food with protein and some fats, gain about 10 pounds of muscle, then go back to your regular diet. When you lose the weight, faster than you did before, you'll see a big difference. I'm going to start hardcore working out when I go to college in about a month. I have a feeling that working out and the meal plan is going to kill me.

Riprorin

Banned
Apr 25, 2000

Overall, though, realize that you are already in better shape than 90% of this fat country. So feel good about that :)

Sad, but true. My 12 - 13% body fat out me in about the 90th percentile for my age (43) and I'm not even in very good shape.

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000

Sad, but true. My 12 - 13% body fat out me in about the 90th percentile for my age (43) and I'm not even in very good shape.

For a 43yr IT IS VERY GOOD SHAPE. People slack later in life.

The bf% is very good. Just takes that bit more effort to get ripped with an 8pack. What you eat contributes to a lot about getting cut and the cardio you do.

Spac3d

Banned
Jul 3, 2001
[/i]

I NEVER would have guessed you were 43:Q:Q