Question for muscle builders, excercisers, health nuts, etc...

serialkiller

Golden Member
Dec 9, 2003
I have been out of the workout scene because of school and work. But this semester is going to be my last semester and I will only have 6 hours. I thought that I would start a diet and workout program. So far I have an idea of what I will be eating and my workout regiment. Only thing I am stuck on is which brand supplements to use. Basically I am looking at a jug of whey, and a box of protein bars. I have had EAS brand stuff before and I thought it was very good, but I would like to get other opinions on whey and power bars(protein). Thanks in advance guys and gals.

George

serialkiller

Golden Member
Dec 9, 2003
Originally posted by: Snagle
I like these these and the peanut butter flavor of these but I am very picky about taste. If you wanted somthing with better nutrition numbers but (IMO) much worse taste, than these might better suit you.

Thanks for the input, but you might want to fix your linkys... they have http in it twice. Taste is definetily a big factor. Last time I randomly bought a power bar and ate it and it tasted close to card board arse.

=)

MaluMan

Nov 23, 2002
i really like the optimum whey protein (chocolate) .... i've tried GNC and didnt like theirs, had a bad aftertaste

wheresmybacon

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2004
EAS is good, but they also make some really odd protein bars that have like 20g protein and almost as much sugar and fat (not good fats). It's basically a candybar. They have some good ones too, but they ternd to be expensive and taste like ass.

Unless I'm running out the door and have zero time to cook up some real food, I avoid meal replacement bars.

If you trained much before, I'm sure you already know what and how you eat are completely determined by your goals.

serialkiller

Golden Member
Dec 9, 2003
not really looking for a meal replacement, but a inbetween meals snack. Any good brand of protein bar I should go with?

george

Klandestine

Jan 8, 2005
avoid luna, my buddy was eating those cause he liked the taste. after a few months he figured out they were formulated for women :Q

eakers

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Klandestine
avoid luna, my buddy was eating those cause he liked the taste. after a few months he figured out they were formulated for women :Q

i love luna and pria but apparently they are for women. i thought it was just a size thing though.

MickDD

Jan 31, 2004
EAS has some really good products I liked the Muscletech stuff too. MetRX makes a Chocolate Chip one that is good.

lavagirl669

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2004
I would go with EAS, they have excellent products.

Don't know about the protein bars, keep the sugar down if possible.

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
Originally posted by: serialkiller
Originally posted by: TheNinja
Best price for 10 lbs of whey you'll find ANYWHERE - $42.94 shipped!

They also have Optimum Nutrition for $48.94 shipped, 10lb sack.

whoa... 10 lbsss.... is this brand reputable?

I know a lot of people find Optimum Nutrition reputable so if you are at all concerned, go for the $49 one as it has been used by a lot of people for a long time. But I think whey is whey and have had no problems with the "Solid Whey" brand for $43. It mixes well in a shaker (a must have) with milk and/or water in about 10 seconds. You can make, mix, and drink 35g of protein in under 30 seconds if you're good.