Question for Hillary supporters

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 30, 2006
Originally posted by: senseamp
Originally posted by: manowar821
No more clinton, no more bush, no more stinking, lying, fucks!

Come on people, vote outside the war/fear-mongering box.

Obama, Ron Paul, ANYONE who supports diplomacy and democracy, instead of semi-despotism and imperialism. Please.

No more Bush, yes.
More Clinton, please.
Clintons know how to run this country properly.

ROFL...I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I read this...I choose laugh.

senseamp...I know you're sincere...but you may want to step back and take a good long hard look at Ms. Clinton...but be sure to take off your highly partisan rose colored glasses first. Why do you like her so much? What has she done that's so worthy of your blind faith? Be honest, it's that (D) at the end of name isn't it? If so, I finally found out where that nasty smell of mindless partisan hackery is coming from.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Robor
Yeah, because the current administration has never lied under oath. Oh wait, they never speak under oath and when they answer questions they develop selective amnesia. :Disgust;

If you can produce evidence to the contrary, supporting your ludicrous claims, please do so. Your basic premise - that two wrongs make a right - stinks too.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: palehorse74
Yeah, because the current administration has never lied under oath.
You're right, they haven't.

period.

It's very convenient that you snipped off the last part of my post. IMO the selective amnesia common in this administration is the same as lying.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Pabster
Yeah, because the current administration has never lied under oath. Oh wait, they never speak under oath and when they answer questions they develop selective amnesia. :Disgust;

If you can produce evidence to the contrary, supporting your ludicrous claims, please do so. Your basic premise - that two wrongs make a right - stinks too.

Selective amnesia.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Hillary is a draft dodger. As a young man, Howard grew out his hair, began calling himself Hillary and started wearing ladies clothes in order to avoid being drafted into Vietnam.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005

period.

It's very convenient that you snipped off the last part of my post. IMO the selective amnesia common in this administration is the same as lying.
of course it was "convenient" genius, I did it on purpose! :confused:

Has Bush been tried and found guilty of a crime in a court of law, or by Congress, yes or no?

Has Clinton?

There's your answer.

PS: your Opteron is slow as dirt! :p

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

period.

Has Bush been tried and found guilty of a crime in a court of law, or by Congress, yes or no?

Has Clinton?

There's your answer.

Uhmm, neither one has been.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: eskimospy

period.

Has Clinton?

There's your answer.

Clinton lied under oath on a deposition taken during the Paula Jones litigation, and then again to a grand jury regarding said deposition. Congress, after much debate, issued two Articles of impeachment alleging that Clinton provided perjurious, false and misleading testimony to the grand jury, and also obstructed justice.

The fact that the partisan Senate voted 50-50 and 45-55 on impeachment just goes to show that the system is broken.

Clinton was a bona-fied criminal, and should never be allowed near the White House again... and I suspect that his wife has an even more checkered past than he does!

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

period.

Has Clinton?

There's your answer.

That's not the point. When anyone in this administration is directly questioned they lie (forget). At least Clinton eventually confessed to the hummer or whatever it was. Either way, if that's the worst thing people can dig up on him it's nothing compared to the utter catastrophe the Bush administration has caused. What's the bumper sticker...? 'When Clinton Lied No One Died'. :p

Yeah, my Opteron is lame now but same as the X1900XTX it was the man back when I got it. I got tired of playing the upgrade game so I could run PC games at high frame rates. I got a 360 and now that Opty will be fine running Linux for years to come. :D

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Has anyone actually answered the OP yet?

Three things Hillary has accomplished on her own.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
Originally posted by: ProfJohn

I posted some of her voting record. She is a Senator, and Senators vote on legislation that is her job.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
Originally posted by: Siddhartha

I posted some of her voting record. She is a Senator, and Senators vote on legislation that is her job.
So we should make her President because she shows and votes on legislation?

In that case John McCain has been in the Senate for a lot longer why not make him President?
Or Robert Byrd? Harry Ried? Ted Kennedy?

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Siddhartha

So we should make her President because she shows and votes on legislation?

In that case John McCain has been in the Senate for a lot longer why not make him President?
Vote for him then ProJo, he can't possibly be as bad as the last guy you voted for (and I doubt Hildabeast, with all her faults, can be as bad either)

daveymark

Lifer
Sep 15, 2003

nope, no one has answered successfully :)

just the usual deflections and pseudo answers, with a few attacks on Bush for good measure (even thought this isn't about bush. BDS is still a serious infliction) :)

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002

period.

Has Clinton?

There's your answer.

Clinton lied under oath on a deposition taken during the Paula Jones litigation, and then again to a grand jury regarding said deposition. Congress, after much debate, issued two Articles of impeachment alleging that Clinton provided perjurious, false and misleading testimony to the grand jury, and also obstructed justice.

The fact that the partisan Senate voted 50-50 and 45-55 on impeachment just goes to show that the system is broken.

Clinton was a bona-fied criminal, and should never be allowed near the White House again... and I suspect that his wife has an even more checkered past than he does!

Yet you support the criminals in the current administration?

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: daveymark

nope, no one has answered successfully :)

just the usual deflections and pseudo answers, with a few attacks on Bush for good measure (even thought this isn't about bush. Bush is still a serious infliction) :)
One you guys inflicted on our country

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Waaaaiiiit a minute.

So first of all you don't think that the impeachment by the House was in any way politically motivated? Of course not, it was only politics when the Senate didn't convict him. Right. That's why Presidents, despite being caught in myriad scandals over the years have only been impeached twice and both times by hostile Congresses.

This is a particularly naked double standard you are showing here, and the worst part is that you didn't even get it right. While trying to defend Bush you asked if he had been "tried and found guilty of a crime in a court of law, or by Congress". Well by your own standard neither has Clinton, and yet you have convicted him anyway. If you're going to do that then you shouldn't have any problem with Bush being convicted in the same manner.

From a practical standpoint, of course Clinton pulled some shady shit while in office. Everyone knows that. By any reasonable standpoint however Bush has done the same thing. So instead of trying (and failing) to use some sort of legalistic defense to keep Bush clean while smearing Clinton, especially since you say you don't like Bush if I remember right, just admit it.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Yeah, my Opteron is lame now but same as the X1900XTX it was the man back when I got it. I got tired of playing the upgrade game so I could run PC games at high frame rates. I got a 360 and now that Opty will be fine running Linux for years to come. :D

I was just teasin' about the Opty... I've just had my Opty170 doing 2.76, on air, for about 20 months! :) :p

As for Clinton, is true crime was not the BJ... it was lying under oath and obstructing justice.

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: feralkid

period.

Has Clinton?

There's your answer.

Yet you support the criminals in the current administration?
Have they been convicted of any crimes? Have they lied under oath? Did I miss it?!

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Have they been convicted of any crimes? Have they lied under oath? Did I miss it?!

Again, was Clinton convicted of any crimes? Did I miss it? Tsk tsk on the double standard.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: Narmer
I never understood the "experience" she has over Obama considering he's been in politics longer than her. WTF has she done? Even her daughter looks like a lapdog.

Giulianis kids won't even vote for him :D So Clintons must have done something right for their daughter. ;)

i'm suspicious of children who agree with their parents' politics

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Bill and Hillary are a team. Noone of the other candidates knows anywhere near what it takes to run the country than the woman who was side by side with a man who ran it better than anyone in decades.

Regarding HRC's "WH knowledge and experience", are we supposed to take your (or her) word on it?

Where is the evidence? Where are the records?

All we know of is her health care disaster, and rumored efforts of "damage control" on the Rose law Firm, White Water, Monica and the other bimbo erruptions.

Hillary != Bill, unlike many assertions. Regardless of what one may think about Bill C, he wasn't a bitter partisan and often worked in a friendly way toward compromise.

Hillary is a bitter partisan (her comment on "vast right-wing conspiracy" etc). I see no evidence that she works in a friendly many with anybody.

Bill is an idea person, Hillary is not.

Bill lacks discipline, HRC has tons of it.

Bill is warm, HRC is not.

IMO, they aren't anything alike, more like polar opposites in many ways. IMO, If you liked Bill, you won't like Hillary.

Oh, and as for getting legislation enacted during a Repub majority, unlike her other Dems managed to do it working jointly with those across the aisle (again emphasizing her contrast with Bill).

Joe Biden is the Dem with all the experience, yet the Dem voters ignore him.

Anyway, I've read all the responses and so far the OP's question remain unanswered.

Fern

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005

Again, was Clinton convicted of any crimes? Did I miss it? Tsk tsk on the double standard.
Clinton DID lie under oath - which, to me, is a serious crime, especially for the President. Or did you miss that question?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Clinton DID lie under oath - which, to me, is a serious crime, especially for the President. Or did you miss that question?

Again you are using if he has been convicted of a crime or not as a standard for Bush, but for Clinton. That's a double standard as Clinton was not convicted of a crime. Impeachment by the House is the same thing as an indictment by a grand jury. If you want to say that indictment = guilt then you are welcome to do so, but our legal system disagrees.

Of course in reality we both know that Bush and Clinton have lied repeatedly in order to shield themselves from political harm or to advance their agenda. All presidents do. The stance you are taking on this issue however is certainly not an intellectually honest one, particularly if you are going to relate it to some sort of black and white criminal conviction thing.