Question for Hillary supporters

daveymark

Lifer
Sep 15, 2003
Being/styaing married to Bill doesn't count as an accomplishment.

What are 3 specific things she has accomplished in her political career?

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Got elected Senator of NY.
Got reelected Senator of NY.
Helped make Bill the best president of the US since Ike.
Put healthcare reform on the political agenda.
And most importantly, pissed off a lot of Republicans. :D
Someone who upsets so much the party that is so wrong for America, must be doing something right :)

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Well, she pointed out the vast right-wing conspiracy. Those gay Republicans made Bill do it!

She got 365 FBI files on Republican enemies.

Oh, and she's been a loyal wife to a cheating scumbag for decades. :laugh:

Narmer

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2006
I never understood the "experience" she has over Obama considering he's been in politics longer than her. WTF has she done? Even her daughter looks like a lapdog.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Originally posted by: Narmer
I never understood the "experience" she has over Obama considering he's been in politics longer than her. WTF has she done? Even her daughter looks like a lapdog.

Giulianis kids won't even vote for him :D So Clintons must have done something right for their daughter. ;)

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001

The "experience" doesn't exist. But her team of talking heads and attack dogs, combined with the mainstream media, have done a great job depicting her as well-versed in just about everything.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Bill and Hillary are a team. Noone of the other candidates knows anywhere near what it takes to run the country than the woman who was side by side with a man who ran it better than anyone in decades. Rudy of course has NYC, but go ahead and nominate him, so Hillary can take that house of cards down. There are a lot of people waiting to speak their mind on Rudy's "leadership" of NYC.

Narmer

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2006
Originally posted by: senseamp
Bill and Hillary are a team. Noone of the other candidates knows anywhere near what it takes to run the country than the woman who was side by side with a man who ran it better than anyone in decades. Rudy of course has NYC, but go ahead and nominate him, so Hillary can take that house of cards down. There are a lot of people waiting to speak their mind on Rudy's "leadership" of NYC.

So if Rudy had a whore on the side and told his whore everything and she gave him advice, would you consider them a team?

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006

So if Rudy had a whore on the side and told his whore everything and she gave him advice, would you consider them a team?

Also, we aren't talking about Kerik now. :D Plus Rudy probably did have a whore on his side. I don't remember him waiting around to get divorced before he gets involved with someone else. It's no wonder his own kids won't vote for him.
Republican family values on display. You are comparing someone's wife to a whore?
Hillary and Bill made goals for their family, and they accomplished them together, and it was good for the whole country. Rudy benefited by being around when crime came down across the whole country due to the prosperity of the Clinton years. Of course he makes it sound as if NYC was special, but it wasn't. Rising tide lifts all boats.

Narmer

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2006

Also, we aren't talking about Kerik now. :D
Republican family values on display. You are comparing someone's wife to a whore?
Hillary and Bill made goals for their family, and they accomplished them together, and it was good for the whole country. Rudy benefited by being around when crime came down across the whole country due to the prosperity of the Clinton years. Of course he makes it sound as if NYC was special, but it wasn't. Rising tide lifts all boats.

I can understand the general view of the "2 for 1" view that Hillary likes to display. But she's just riding her husband's strength (or would that be Monica?). The truth is anybody can claim to be what she's claiming to be, which isn't much.

Siddhartha

Lifer
Oct 17, 1999
I am not a Ms Clinton supporter. It is too early in the election cycle to get too excited.

But one big thing Ms Clinton has going for her is she is not a George W Bush clone. The US can not afford 4 to 8 more years of staying the course.

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
It's funny that the same idiots that's asking what has Hilliary done are the same idiots that voted for Bush, TWICE. What has he done before, what did he do while he was president?

Why do you even ask stupid questions? Just say "I'm a hardliner and I'll vote for shit if it's in my party", and be done with.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: SSSnail
It's funny that the same idiots that's asking what has Hilliary done are the same idiots that voted for Bush, TWICE. What has he done before, what did he do while he was president?

Here we go :laugh:

Your BDS is severe.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006

Also, we aren't talking about Kerik now. :D

I can understand the general view of the "2 for 1" view that Hillary likes to display. But she's just riding her husband's strength (or would that be Monica?). The truth is anybody can claim to be what she's claiming to be, which isn't much.

Who else running can claim it? Noone.
Hillary is the only one who spent 8 years in the White House and is as familiar with its workings and is married to the man who successfully ran the country for 8 years. You can be obsessed about Clenis all you want. 2 for 1 is not a display, it's reality. With Hillary, you also get Bill as her closest advisor. No getting around it.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Hilary Clinton was a Senator during a time the Republicans had either complete control of the Congress and Presidency or at least control of the Presidential veto. Virtually everything she proposed or voted for was thwarted by the Republicans.
Here is what wiki says she has done:

Upon entering the United States Senate, Clinton maintained a low public profile while building relationships with senators from both parties, to avoid the polarizing celebrity she experienced as First Lady.[104][185][186][187] Clinton also forged alliances with religiously-inclined senators by becoming a regular participant in the Senate Prayer Breakfast.[110][188]

Clinton has served on five Senate committees: Committee on Budget (2001?2002)[189], Committee on Armed Services (since 2003)[190], Committee on Environment and Public Works (since 2001)[189], Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions(since 2001)[189] and Special Committee on Aging.[191] She is also a Commissioner of the Commission on Security and Cooperation in Europe[192] (since 2001).[193]

Following the September 11, 2001 attacks, Clinton sought to obtain funding for the recovery efforts in New York City and security improvements in her state. Working with New York's senior senator, Charles Schumer, she was instrumental in quickly securing $21.4 billion in funding for the World Trade Center site's redevelopment.[194][195][196] She subsequently took a leading role in investigating the health issues faced by 9/11 first responders.[197] Clinton voted for the USA Patriot Act in October 2001, as did all but one senator. In 2005, when the act was up for renewal, she worked to address some of the civil liberties concerns with it,[198] before voting in favor of a compromise renewed act in March 2006 that gained large majority support.[199]

As a member of the Senate Committee on Armed Services, Clinton strongly supported military action in Afghanistan, saying it was a chance to combat terrorism while improving the lives of Afghan women who suffered under the Taliban government.[200] Clinton voted in favor of the October 2002 Iraq War Resolution, which authorized United States President George W. Bush to use military force against Iraq, should such action be required to enforce a United Nations Security Council Resolution after pursuing with diplomatic efforts. (However, Clinton voted against the Levin Amendment to the Resolution, which would have required the President to conduct vigorous diplomacy at the U.N., and would have also required a separate Congressional authorization to unilaterally invade Iraq.[190] She did vote for the Byrd Amendment to the Resolution, which would have limited the Congressional authorization to one year increments, but the only mechanism necessary for the President to renew his mandate without any Congressional oversight was to claim that the Iraq War was vital to national security each year the authorization required renewal.)[190]

After the Iraq War began, Clinton made trips to both Iraq and Afghanistan to visit American troops stationed there, such as the 10th Mountain Division based in Fort Drum, New York. On a visit to Iraq in February 2005, Clinton noted that the insurgency had failed to disrupt the democratic elections held earlier, and that parts of the country were functioning well.[201] Noting that war deployments are draining regular and reserve forces, she co-introduced legislation to increase the size of the regular United States Army by 80,000 soldiers to ease the strain.[202] In late 2005, Clinton said that while immediate withdrawal from Iraq would be a mistake, Bush's pledge to stay "until the job is done" is also misguided, as it gives Iraqis "an open-ended invitation not to take care of themselves." She criticized the administration for making poor decisions in the war, but added that it was more important to solve the problems in Iraq.[203] This centrist and somewhat vague stance caused frustration among those in the Democratic party who favor immediate withdrawal.[204] Clinton supported retaining and improving health benefits for veterans, and lobbied against the closure of several military bases.[205]

Senator Clinton voted against the tax cuts introduced by President Bush, including the Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001 and the Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003, saying it was fiscally irresponsible to reopen the budget deficit.

Clinton voted in 2005 against the confirmation of John Roberts as Chief Justice of the United States,[206] and in 2006 against the nomination of Samuel Alito to the United States Supreme Court; [207] both were confirmed. In 2005, Clinton called for the Federal Trade Commission to investigate how hidden sex scenes showed up in the controversial video game Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.[208] Along with Senators Joe Lieberman and Evan Bayh, she introduced the Family Entertainment Protection Act, intended to protect children from inappropriate content found in video games

Pretty great record.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Originally posted by: scott
With Hillary, you also get Bill as her closest advisor. -senseamp

Which is another reason why people, while holding their noses turn away from the utterly corrupt Clinton machine. Bill had one of the nation's poorer - performing presidencies.

You need to study up on economics my friend.

That is your opinion. The fact is that Clinton cut down the deficits while rapidly growing the economy, even tech bubble aside. Of course I welcome 2008 being a referendum on the Clinton presidency. If we are going into a recession, which I think we are, that is going to be a sure winner for Clinton.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

<cut>
Of course I welcome 2008 being a referendum on the Clinton presidency. <cut>

A referendum on Clinton's freely handing out our advanced satellite and our advanced technologies for nuclear hardening of electronics to China (after all, the DID contribute to his campaign) ?

A referendum on Clinton's pardoning of some of the sleaziest criminals of the era on the last day in office (after all, they were connected to large campaign contributors)?

O.K. Let's do that! :)

True reform! Ron Paul.
I guess after n7 vyears with the current incompetent Moron in the White House the years of Bubba looks pretty damn good.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006

<cut>

A referendum on Clinton's freely handing out both our advanced satellite technologies, and our advanced technologies for nuclear hardening of electronics to China (after all, the DID contribute to his campaign) ?

A referendum on Clinton's pardoning of some of the sleaziest criminals of the era on the last day in office (after all, they were connected to large campaign contributors)?

The good things that happened economically during his tenure in office can not be attributed to any of his policies. He got lucky in some instances.

True reform! Ron Paul.

Yes, we can have a referendum on the whole Clinton presidency. You can bring up the dirt, and I will bring up the peace and prosperity. If you call it Clinton luck, I'll take that. I guess Republicans are just unlucky that every time they are in power, in "completely unrelated" fashion our national debt seems to explode.
But hey, if you think it's just luck, then I guess God really hates this country when we elect Republicans, so why would I want to vote for them?

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001

<cut>

A referendum on Clinton's freely handing out both our advanced satellite technologies, and our advanced technologies for nuclear hardening of electronics to China (after all, the DID contribute to his campaign) ?

The good things that happened economically during his tenure in office can not be attributed to any of his policies. He got lucky in some instances.

True reform! Ron Paul.

I agree with everything you've said, sans the Ron Paul comment.

Perhaps 2008 really will be a referendum on Bill Clinton.