Question for Gainward card owners.

Balex99

Sep 3, 2000
Just bought a Gainward 4200 64 meg and installed the Expert Tools thingy and I really find it useful. I installed the 28.32 drivers from the gainward cd. The question is: If I want to change to the latest Nvidia drivers or beta's for that matter, will I lose the Expert Tools feature? I dont want to be forced to use only gainward drivers for the sake of keeping the tools feature.

Oh, and btw, the card is sweet. Upgraded from a G2 Ultra and running a 1.33 tbird @ 1.38 with 256 ddr, 3dmark went from 4650 to 8520. Card is not oc'ed(putting some time on it first).

SouthernBred

May 1, 2002
Good question. I've been wondering the same thing about my Ti4200 128MB Gainward. I like the tuner tool, and I *think* their overclocking "guarantee" only applies if you use the tuner tool to do it.

The latest Detonators (released in the past day or two) claim to have dedicated support for the Ti4200 (whatever that means).

I'll keep looking for an answer.

baneonrt

Apr 26, 2002
The expert tool still works on my computer after upgrading to the latest drivers downloaded from the Nvidia site...

Steve