Question for Everybody Loves Raymond fans

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Did Robert have a sort of deep down crush on Debra? It seems sorta implied in a few episodes where Robert seems to have clear recollection of what Debra was wearing on certain occasions while totally not having a clue about his wife...or him always taking up for her or always taking her side or staring at her boobs or whatever.

Anyone else notice this?

ArJuN

Platinum Member
Aug 13, 2005
Did you notice this in recent episodes or something? I haven't been keeping up...but I think Robert just sees Deborah as another woman. Then again, he is always jealous of Ray...so I guess he could want Deborah? I don't know. He is married though...so...

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
I think he just really associated with her, since she was the only one that gave him time of day and she also had the upper hand on Raymond, which he respected.

I don't think he had a crush on her.

now then, who can tell me what happened in the very last episode of the series. How did they end it?

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: ArJuN
Did you notice this in recent episodes or something? I haven't been keeping up...but I think Robert just sees Deborah as another woman. Then again, he is always jealous of Ray...so I guess he could want Deborah? I don't know. He is married though...so...

The comment I made about the dress was in a more recent episode after he and Amy got married.

It had something to do with them talking about an event that they had gone to a few years back. Robert said something to the effect of "That's right, Debra was wearing a strapless red dress with lace and open-toe shoes...yadda yadda yadda" and Amy looks over at him and asks "Well Robert, what was I wearing?" And he just had this stupid look on his face.

But there are other little things that I've noticed sprinkled throughout the run of the series. There's one episode where Debra and Robert are talking and he just keeps staring at her breasts. Debra tells him "Robert, stop looking at my breasts."