Question for ATI owners

AzN

Banned
Nov 26, 2001
Does your Vsync actually work when you set it in drivers?

Mine doesn't.

I have to use D3Doverider to force vsync.

VashHT

Diamond Member
Feb 1, 2007
Does your Vsync actually work when you set it in drivers?

Mine doesn't.

I have to use D3Doverider to force vsync.

I know it doesn't work for BC2, haven't tried it for other games though since vsync actually works in those games.

Skurge

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2009
Well mine doesn't work with the games that aren't already limited to 60FPS like MW2 and Mirrors Edge.

Attic

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2010
I used D3Doverrider. Some games works with Vysnc set in game or CCC, some don't. Enough games don't work with Vsyn set via CCC that I said screw it and just use D3Doverrider all the time now.

AzN

Banned
Nov 26, 2001
That sucks. Why can't AMD produce drivers that enable vsync in all games?

The only game I play and vsync is disabled. :/

alcoholbob

Diamond Member
May 24, 2005
Nope. Forcing vsync through the control panel does absolutely nothing. I have yet to run into a game where it actually enabled vsync.

faxon

Platinum Member
May 23, 2008
dunno, run 95% of games over 60 FPS anyway so i dont really notice or care. only game it matters in is like crysis and games that have an artifical FPS limit on them like quake wars. pretty much roll over everything else

dguy6789

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2002
Don't know, don't use vsync ever. It creates too much input lag and after well over a decade they(Nvidia/AMD/Anyone) still have not came up with a real solution to it.

Skurge

Diamond Member
Aug 17, 2009
Don't know, don't use vsync ever. It creates too much input lag and after well over a decade they(Nvidia/AMD/Anyone) still have not came up with a real solution to it.

Well Triple buffering is a solution, you can use 3rd party software to force it.

dguy6789

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2002
Well Triple buffering is a solution, you can use 3rd party software to force it.

Triple buffering only reduces the input lag, it doesn't eliminate it. It still doesn't work as well as just turning off vsync does. Vsync means you will have lower fps in various situations, you have input lag, and you might have to run 3rd party software to make it suck less. I'm not a fan of any of that. I suppose the biggest problem is I've run without vsync since the Radeon 9xxx days, so I've become quite accustomed to how the mouse aims with vsync off.

AzN

Banned
Nov 26, 2001
I don't notice the input lag when I enable vsync. I do however notice tearing.

It's silly I have to use a 3rd party software just to enable vsync. I remember back couple years ago I was able to use vsync with ATI drivers.