Question Question/Advice about a build

Mr Grim

Dec 9, 2022
Hello people.
I have a question. I am new to liquid cooling. This is my build.

I have researched a lot of liquid coolers and I have noticed some have problems. Lian li galahad
Pump problems, Enermax just being Enermax, Arctic freezer II gasket erosion, NZXT apparently is going down hill from what I read about there Kraken z73. So here is the question and what I would like to do. Can someone recommend a good quality liquid cooler that I can remove the fans and mount/install three Lian Li SL fans. I was hoping after that I could just run all the fans rgb through the Lian Li hub and have the fans PWM controlled by the motherboard.

Thank you for any help/advice you can offer.

In2Photos

Golden Member
Mar 21, 2007
If you do enough research you will likely find problems with every product you have on your list.

My son has an Enermax 240 AIO on his build. He's had it for almost a year and its been fine, no issues whatsoever. Arctic did have some issues at one point but I believe they have been corrected and they are regarded as one of the best AIOs on the market, backing it up with a 6 year warranty I believe. I know of an SI company that uses Deep Cool AIOs with great results.

Any of the AIOs should be able to have their fans swapped with the unifans. I haven't seen any of the AIO companies use non-standard fan spacing so you should be good there.

BTW, I'm planning an AM5 build with the Deep Cool AIO, hopefully the LT720 with the SL Infinity fans in the EVO as well. https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Familyman_19/saved/#view=xG4fdC

Mr Grim

Dec 9, 2022
If you do enough research you will likely find problems with every product you have on your list.

My son has an Enermax 240 AIO on his build. He's had it for almost a year and its been fine, no issues whatsoever. Arctic did have some issues at one point but I believe they have been corrected and they are regarded as one of the best AIOs on the market, backing it up with a 6 year warranty I believe. I know of an SI company that uses Deep Cool AIOs with great results.

Any of the AIOs should be able to have their fans swapped with the unifans. I haven't seen any of the AIO companies use non-standard fan spacing so you should be good there.

BTW, I'm planning an AM5 build with the Deep Cool AIO, hopefully the LT720 with the SL Infinity fans in the EVO as well. https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Familyman_19/saved/#view=xG4fdC

Thank you for the reply.
While what you said is mostly true. I did run into a problem with the Arctic freezer II. The Lian Li SL fans do not fit in a push method because the plastic piece on the side for connecting multiple fans protrudes out to much and butts into the AIO hoses. It needs mounting on top for pull method if someone wanted to use SL fans.

In2Photos

Golden Member
Mar 21, 2007
Thank you for the reply.
While what you said is mostly true. I did run into a problem with the Arctic freezer II. The Lian Li SL fans do not fit in a push method because the plastic piece on the side for connecting multiple fans protrudes out to much and butts into the AIO hoses. It needs mounting on top for pull method if someone wanted to use SL fans.
The SL V2 fans should have solved this issue. They have removable pieces now.