Question about UT2K3 Demo benchies

Mloot

Diamond Member
Aug 24, 2002
I will be running benchmarks on my MX440 tomorrow, before the 9000 arrives. Is any of the 3 sets of Flyby's and botmatches better than the others for benchmarking (ie, Antalus better than Citadel, or somesuch)? Which one do you guys like better, or should I just use all three? Maybe a silly question, but I've never done any benchmarks other than 3DMark.

Oct 27, 2002
probably just do all of em...the outdoor scenes are a little tougher probably but no biggie. ive seen the numbers for asbestos and antalus the most though

kursplat

Golden Member
May 2, 2000
if your going to be doing them to compare the cards you need to tell it to run the same on each card .

By default the game will detect your video card and assign its internal defaults based on the capabilities of your video card to optimize the game for performance. In order to fairly compare different video cards you have to tell the engine to always use the same set of defaults which is accomplished by editing the .bat files in the X:\UT2003Demo\Benchmark\ directory.

Add the following parameters to the statements in every one of the .bat files located in that directory:

-ini=..\\Benchmark\\Stuff\\MaxDetail.ini -userini=..\\Benchmark\\Stuff\\MaxDetailUser.ini

For example, in botmatch-antalus.bat will look like this after the additions:

..\System\ut2003 dm-antalus?spectatoronly=true?numbots=12?quickstart=true -benchmark -seconds=77 -exec=..\Benchmark\Stuff\botmatchexec.txt -ini=..\\Benchmark\\Stuff\\MaxDetail.ini -userini=..\\Benchmark\\Stuff\\MaxDetailUser.ini -nosound
Remember to do this to all of the 7 .bat files in that directory before running Benchmark.exe.
think i got this from someone here. thanks whoever
good luck