Question about the Lord of the Rings DVDs?

Arkitech

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2000
I was curious about the running time of the movies.

Whats the running time for The Fellowship of the Ring in the theatre? DVD? DVD extended version? Same questions for the Two Towers and Return of the King

With the extended versions of the movies does the additional content really stand out? Or is it just some mundane extra scenes thrown in?

Wallydraigle

Banned
Nov 27, 2000
I don't have the boxes right in front of me, so I don't know about runtimes and such, but with FOTR the extras were just kind of cool, but in TTT the extended version was like a whole different movie.

JustAnAverageGuy

Diamond Member
Aug 1, 2003
In TTT EE. The movie made SO much more sense with the extended edition.

Haven't seen the EE of FotR or RotK though.

Sideswipe001

Golden Member
May 23, 2003
EE for Fellowship was full of "that's nice to know" moments for people who didn't read the books. Also a few more "cool to see" moments for people who did. Nothing major though. TTT EE was much MUCH better, in my opinion, and more 'true' to the story from the book. Enough that I hated the regular version and am "okay" with the Extended. RoTK will most likely be somewhere in the middle, in my estimation. But I'll buy the EE there too. It doesn't come out until Nov.

Jeff7

Lifer
Jan 4, 2001
Hopefully there'll be a full set of the extended versions of all three movies. Probably be expensive as hell...but it'd be nice to see the whole thing.

Arkitech

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2000
Originally posted by: Jeff7
Hopefully there'll be a full set of the extended versions of all three movies. Probably be expensive as hell...but it'd be nice to see the whole thing.

Yeah thats what I'm trying to wait on. I'm getting a little impatient though. I loved the first movie, I bought the theatre version and the extended version. I have'nt actually seen The Two Towers and Return of the King yet. But once they release the EE version of ROTK I plan on spending 13 hours glued to a couch watching the entire thing on my new TV with glorious surround sound.