Question about the 10 week rental card from blockbuster

coolred

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2001
In case you don't know, blockbuster has been running a deal. The deal is you buy a 10 week rental card for 29.99. You then get 1 free rental a week for 10 weeks, you also get Spiderman for free when it comes out. I just recently found this out and I decided to pick one up. My question is, even though spidermand comes out pretty soon, do i still get to use it for all 10 free reantals, or does the deal just stop when i pick up the movie?

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
I can't imagine why you wouldn't get to finish the rentals.

The movie is supposed to be available on the 1st, but I'll still have 7 rentals left at that point.

Viper GTS

Aves

Lifer
Feb 7, 2001
When they did this with FOTR,which was only $19.99 BTW, I had 4 rentals left after the DVD was out and I was still able to use them.

Dragnov

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
You can keep using it even after you pick up your movie.

However, since you're in Ohio, I believe it only lasts for 10 weeks since you purchased it. Make sure to rent something per week. (most of the time, the workers don't care if you use it more than once per week)

In California, I have two years to use it up. I'm sitll on my Monster Inc. card and got liek 6 more rentals.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
You can continue to rent DVD movies even after Spiderman is released.

However once you start renting, it's one per week, if you miss a week you're out of luck.

coolred

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2001
Yes I have been using it once every week so far, and I will continue to do so. I just wanted to make sure I still get all 10, but it sounds liek i do, thanks.

abaez

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
Originally posted by: RossMAN

However once you start renting, it's one per week, if you miss a week you're out of luck.

My friend works at blockbuster and she said you can miss a week it doesn't matter.

Dragnov

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: abaez

My friend works at blockbuster and she said you can miss a week it doesn't matter.

Only in California... and New Hampshire?

I know California 100% sure. As I said, it lasts 2 years here. I love these things, buy the card... rent 10 movies whenever I want to.. pikc up the DVD and sell it. Net cost is usually aroudn $10-15 for 10 rentals.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: abaez

That's not what my two local BB's say, perhaps it's at their discretion but they told me the "official policy" is --- you miss a week and you're SOL.

SOSTrooper

Platinum Member
Dec 27, 2001

It does not work that way... Once you buy the card, you have 10 rentals total. It does not have an expiration date. The only limitation you have is the interval between rentals is 7 days. Meaning, if you rented a DVD today, the earliest you can rent a 2nd DVD with that rental card, will be next Thursday. You can use the rental card over a span of a year if you're sparse on rentals, and it will still work at the end of the year. Just as long as you keep 7 days apart inbetween each rentals.

*EDIT* Oh... people living outside CA and NH, are SOL lol

Here is the official rules:

Spider-Man Rental Card Offer
Membership rules apply for rental. Movie rental card is only redeemable at the participating store where it was purchased and only on the membership account of purchase. You may redeem only one (1) rental per week for 10 consecutive weeks with the first week being the week of purchase. Rentals not redeemed are forfeited. CA/NH residents only: You may redeem only one (1) rental per week until redemption of all 10 rentals. MA/HI residents only: You may redeem only one (1) rental per week until the earlier of either redemption of all 10 rentals or two (2) years from the date of purchase of rental card (rentals not redeemed in the 2-year period are forfeited). Weeks begin on Monday and end on the following Sunday. Recipient responsible for applicable taxes and extended viewing fees. Offer good at participating stores in the U.S. until 10/31/02 while supplies last. Void where prohibited. Quantities limited. Limit one (1) 10 week movie rental card/free DVD or VHS offer per customer. DVDs and VHS of Spider-Man? available while supplies last.

I live in CA, I guess thats why my Blockbuster(s) have no restrictions.