Question about TeAm Flounder

Rudy Toody

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2006
Have I been violating TeAm etiquette by making myself the Flounder on new projects I have found?

So far, I am the TeAm Flounder on Enigma@Home, Cosmology@Home, Sudoku Project, and Good Girl --- Bad Girls.

Wait a minute! The last one is not normally a team sport! Forget about it!:D

--Fred

Philippart

Golden Member
Jul 9, 2006
I don't think so, many other Team Anandtech members (including me) have created our team on other projects. This however doesn't say that it was in accord with the etiquette.

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I'm not sure if there is a stated 'etiquette', but we like to make sure that the Team Anandtech is consistent, or as consistent as possible, and that the founder share the logon/setup/password information with at least one other trusted TeAm member.

We've had problems in the past with founders disappearing and we have to way to update the Team information for that project.

I think there was a discussion link on this awhile ago, when I have time later I'll see if I can dig it up.

:D

Rudy Toody

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2006
Originally posted by: RaySun2Be
I'm not sure if there is a stated 'etiquette', but we like to make sure that the Team Anandtech is consistent, or as consistent as possible, and that the founder share the logon/setup/password information with at least one other trusted TeAm member.

We've had problems in the past with founders disappearing and we have to way to update the Team information for that project.

I think there was a discussion link on this awhile ago, when I have time later I'll see if I can dig it up.

That's OK. petrusbroder has the info.

--Fred

Rudy Toody

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2006
Originally posted by: Coquito
I just need a lemon wedge & some salt. You're good to go. :p

Actually, I prefer to be beer-battered and slathered in tartar sauce!:D

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Thanks!

Why don't I think of the Urban Dictionary??
Petrus whacks himself on the head ...

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
At the risk of turning this into a recipe thread,

Baked Flounder

24 ounces flounder fillets
1/2 cup honey
2 tablespoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
2 green onions

1. In a bowl combine honey, sesame oil, and soy sauce. Stir well to combine.
2. Lay out flounder fillets, in single layer, on greased baking dish.
3. Season with pepper.
4. Pour honey mixture over top of fillets.
5. Bake, in preheated 400 degree oven, for 12 minutes.
6. Garnish with sesame seeds and diced green onions.

Served with a green vegetable and rice, it makes a lovely dinner

Rattledagger

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2001

In BOINC-projects you've got the option of "Request team founder transfer", so permanently-missing team-founders isn't a big problem even if they've not shared the info. Well, there is some BOINC-projects that isn't bothering to keeping server-code up-to-date, but most projects will sooner or later upgrade...

Hmm, quick look, of 49 BOINC projects I'm attached to, appart for 6 being down, only "Rectilinear Crossing Number", "Chess960@home" and "World Community Grid" did not either contain a "Founder-transfer"-link or I'm the founder so there's of course no link for me. ;) WCG is normally responsive to requests of missing-team-founder-transfers, so 2 small projects isn't much to worry about at this time.

But, much more problematic is instances there founder is still active, but is unresponsive to team-requests. In these cases it's not much that can be done, except trying to get a response from team-founder, or make a new team...

caferace

Golden Member
May 31, 2005
OBOT: I will donate USD $5 to the charity of choice to the first TA DC regular who cooks breakfast fired only by the heat of a massively overclocked quad-core. :D

-jim

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
OBOT: I will donate USD $5 to the charity of choice to the first TA DC regular who cooks breakfast fired only by the heat of a massively overclocked quad-core.

That would be an easy bet if you had said the old Cyrix chips. ;)

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
Originally posted by: caferace
OBOT: I will donate USD $5 to the charity of choice to the first TA DC regular who cooks breakfast fired only by the heat of a massively overclocked quad-core. :D

-jim

:laugh: I need to make a skillet shaped heat sink for my dual Xeons... Although they aren't quad core though. :)

petrusbroder

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2004
Working on it ... working on it ...

But wait --- those quad-core processors do not get so hot --- I'll have to make a much less efficient heat sink. Bummer. ;)

? OBOT ? :Q

Why do I feel like a noob?

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
I've no idea what OBOT is either ,& I CBA to find out ;)

OBOT: I will donate USD $5 to the charity of choice to the first TA DC regular who cooks breakfast fired only by the heat of a massively overclocked quad-core.

That would be an easy bet if you had said the old Cyrix chips. ;)
Yea except if you overclocked them you were almost gaurenteed to kill them!:Q ,I know I killed my fathers one like that! lol :eek:

Btw what's with the flounders thing anyway?;)

nefariouscaine

Golden Member
Dec 4, 2006

-jim

what about a grill lined with IHS's ??? :p

Philippart

Golden Member
Jul 9, 2006

-jim

I'll add 25$!

Rudy Toody

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2006
Originally posted by: Assimilator1
Sorry ,afraid you lost me!:eek:

;)

As verbs, founder means to take on water like a boat about to sink, and flounder means thrashing about like a swimmer about to drown. It was a reach!:D