Question about Super Saver Shipping on Amazon.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManBearPig

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2000
I wanted to buy something that was onle $21, and in order to get super saver shipping i had to get one other thing that i really dont give two shits about.

Anyway, what if i were to just cancel the other ordered item after purchasing? wouldn't they not be able to change the shipping price, and i'd end up with what i actually wanted (only the $21 item) and save money in the end?

also, i know super saver shipping takes a long time for a lot of people, but in my many experiences its actually no different than regular (and oftentimes faster, weirdly enough).

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
Sounds like a lame idea to save a miniscule amount of money.

Q

Lifer
Jul 21, 2005
They would still end up charging you for shipping somehow

newnameman

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2002
I don't think you can cancel just one item from the order. If you can, then they will probably recalculate the shipping cost at the same time.

Drekce

Golden Member
Sep 29, 2000
This is why I pay for Prime. The cost probably equals out over the year with all of the filler items that I would have bought.

Malak

Lifer
Dec 4, 2004
There are a couple issues: First, it will tell you that you can't because it would change the shipping. You have to re-order everything. Then it will tell you you can't cancel anyway because it has already been processed. Even though it won't ship for another week, they won't cancel it. That's what happened to me when I accidentally ordered the wrong product. Literally seconds later I tried cancelling and it wouldn't let me. Talking to a rep failed, they said I'd have to wait and ship it back.

dartworth

Lifer
Jul 29, 2001
hm.jpg

kalrith

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2005
Just find something cheap that you'd buy at the store anyways, like batteries, shaving cream, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.