Question about STEAM

gizbug

Platinum Member
May 14, 2001
Steam client is installed on my c drive. I want my games to be installed on another drive. Anytime I click install, it shows me the space on my c drive, with no option to install on another drive. How do I fix this?

Bateluer

Lifer
Jun 23, 2001
Originally posted by: gizbug
Steam client is installed on my c drive. I want my games to be installed on another drive. Anytime I click install, it shows me the space on my c drive, with no option to install on another drive. How do I fix this?

Install the Steam client on the drive want your Steam apps on.

Vampirrella

Golden Member
Apr 5, 2001
I reinstalled Steam on my H:\ (gaming drive) and all games automaticly go there. The games auto install to whatever drive steam is on

Ryland

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2001
I was wondering about this in reference to Lost Planet when it wouldn't give me a choice where to install it to. Now I know why, thanks!

danEboy83

Jun 7, 2007
once you transfer all your files to the new hard drive make sure you delete the clientblob registry file, that'll fix any problem steam may have identifying the new location

Mutilator

Diamond Member
Aug 22, 2000
Originally posted by: danEboy83
once you transfer all your files to the new hard drive make sure you delete the clientblob registry file, that'll fix any problem steam may have identifying the new location

Or else you'll have to reinstall steam... and end up with 2 shortcuts pointing to the same place but one will show your games, the other will not and will force you to redownload them. ;)