question about shipping(fed ex)

Semidevil

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2002
I sold a textbook on amazon, and the buyer requested she pay for the shipping through her own fed ex account.

I guess she went ahead and paid for the shipping, printed a copy of the shipping label(with barcode), and emailed me a copy of the PDF.

She told me to just print it, attach it to my envelope and drop it off.

Questions:

1. since she sent me a copy of the label with the barcode and all, it means its paid right?

2. How do I send it? Do I just affix it to my envelope and drop it in the fedex box, or do I still need to wait in line and have the worker weight it, etc etc etc.

3. the label states: "standard overnight.' now, do I have to use one of the fed ex envelope to send it(and does it matter which one), or can I just put it in any generic bubble envelope?

thanks

Tsaico

Platinum Member
Oct 21, 2000
Generally these services already have some basic boxes for you to use. If you go to a Fed-Ex drop off site, the bin looks like a large mail box (with fed ex colors of course) and the top or the sides has all the supplies for you to use. You can use a regular box of your own, but it has to be able to fit into the shipping box (the mail box looking thing)

Attach the label to the front (they will also often have the label pouch for you to use too), seal it, drop it in, and take off!

Semidevil

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2002
well, the only thing she said was to affix it and take it to my fedex center. I was just wondering if I have to stand in line, or I can just drop it off into blue fedex box(in a whatever envelope) and take off.

but from previous posts, looks like I can, so Ill probably just seal it in a manilla envelope, affix label and drop in box.

thanks

Mike2002

Jan 11, 2004
Yeah you can just put it in an envelope and put it in the box. She should have specified all the package information when she ordered the label. I think there are some limits on what you can put in the boxes but they are no ground shipments or dangerous goods and some other ones possibly.

Flammable

Platinum Member
Mar 3, 2007
its the same thing as printing a label from paypal..apply to package and bring it to a fedex/kiosk place or wait until fedex delivery guy comes around