Question about Sexuality

Duckers

Platinum Member
Mar 30, 2000
What would be the name given to someone who does not feel attracted to neither men nor women ?

zippy

Diamond Member
Nov 10, 1999
A freak? ;)

J/k

A nonsexual?

That would kinda suck not being attracted to anyone...would make for a boring life.

Fortunately for me there are many a fine lady in my school. :)

Jul 14, 2000
a unick, a unick is someone who has been castrated. they are able to tell if someone is attractive, but they are no longer able to feel sexual attraction. maybe the person is completly lacking in sexual drive of any kind.

dennilfloss

Past Lifer 1957-2014 In Memoriam
Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
From the Sexuality Database:

"Asexual refers to the absence of sexual activity or a low level of sexual response. Sexual union of male and female germ cells (such as the sperm and ova in humans) is the means of reproduction that is standard among mammalian and many non-mammalian species. However, many organisms reproduce through asexual means, such as budding, spore formation, or fission. Organisms that produce through these means are sexless.

Asexuality can also refer to a lack of interest or involvement in sex in sexual species. The priesthood in a number of religions, for example, requires abstinence or even monasticism among its members. While individuals who participate in religious abstinence may have normal sexual interest, they are required to take a vow of abstinence. Over time, lack of involvement in sexual activity may lead to a considerable drop in sexual interest. Vows of abstinence may also be taken outside of the arena of organized religion, although these are usually situational and time limited. Disinterest in sex also may be due to a sexual dysfunction; that is, a psychological or organic condition that blocks normal sexual behaviors and responses. Specifically, in the case of complete disinterest in sex, the condition may be diagnosed as sexual desire disorder.

In sexual desire disorder the individual has a persistent absence of sexual fantasies or desire for engaging in sex. Further, the individual exhibits an intense aversion to either heterosexual or homosexual genital sexual contact. Additionally, persistent failure in sexual response may lead to the avoidance of sex or sexual situations. This can occur at any point in life but tends to occur more frequently among the elderly. These conditions can have an emotional origin, of varying severities, or they may have an organic cause. Often they are treatable through sex therapy and/or biomedical intervention. Intensive desire disorders, however, may reflect complicated psychological problems that are difficult to treat. In addition, some individuals may be biologically incapable of sexual interest or involvement in sexual activity and, although members of a sexual species, are themselves asexual. This, however, is a rare condition and most forms of sexual dysfunction respond to therapeutic intervention."

Dead (Carolyn Sullivan)

Duckers

Platinum Member
Mar 30, 2000
amorphous makes sense. I don't know if it would be used in this case though.

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Duckers,

I'm not sure it quite fits either. It's more of a physical state. Just thought I'd toss it out.:)

Russ, NCNE

DesignDawg

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Slippery,

Ummm....nice try. It's EUNUCH

Foniks duz not wurk tue spel everything. ;)

Ricky
DesignDawg

Duckers

Platinum Member
Mar 30, 2000
ha ha,

Dennilfloss,
you definitely know a lot about Sexuality :)

what is the link to that Sexuality Database? ;)

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Duckers,

The FAQ is shaping up quite nicely. One correction, though. RC5 is 64 bit encryption, rather than 32. If it were 32, the contest probably would have taken about a week.:)

Russ, NCNE

Daedalus

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
an·drog·y·nous (n-drj-ns)
adj.

Biology. Having both female and male characteristics; hermaphroditic.
Being neither distinguishably masculine nor feminine, as in dress, appearance, or behavior; unisex: ?The diet and exercise cult was born of a desire to develop androgynous bodies that are more muscular than softly curved? (New York Times).

dennilfloss

Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
I don't think I should post a link to it here for it discusses plainly orientations, actions, consequences and positions that would not fit well within the family orientation of this site.

If you want to look for it, just do a search for sexuality database.

I'm Sorry (Brenda Lee)

Hyper99

Banned
Jun 14, 2000
No such thing
You are either straight, gay or bi
Impotent is the opposite of sex drive
so doesn't classify anything.

kamiam

Banned
Dec 12, 1999
hyper... if your impotent you kinda lose interest... same thing... at least according to my father

ltk007

Banned
Feb 24, 2000
i think its spell eunich not unich. A eunich was castrated to guard the house of concubines in muslim society i think. something like that

dennilfloss

Oct 21, 1999
dennilfloss.blogspot.com
Main Entry: eu·nuch

Pronunciation: 'yü-n&k, -nik
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English eunuk, from Latin eunuchus, from Greek eunouchos, from eunE bed + echein to have, have charge of

Date: 15th century

1 : a castrated man placed in charge of a harem or employed as a chamberlain in a palace
2 : a man or boy deprived of the testes or external genitals
3 : one that lacks virility or power <political eunuchs>

Never Be The Same (Chilliwack)