question about selecting a call plan/provider for unlocked blackberry 8300

dbk

Lifer
Apr 23, 2004
I had been on pay as you go plan with t mobile until I got my brother's unlocked blackberry curve 8300.

I guess I could just keep using the pay as you go with t-mobile but I want some sort of data plan so that I can browse the internet on this thing.

What plan/provider should i choose?
I don't need too many minutes but unlimited data would be nice.

I'm in Northern Virginia.

Thanks in advance

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Your only choices are AT&T and Tmobile for that unlocked BB. Both have unlimited data at $30 but Tmobile has a couple cheaper voice plans that AT&T doesn't. Cheapest plan at AT&T is $40 and cheapest on Tmobile is $30.

IMO web browsing on the Curve is quite poor and I certainly wouldn't recommend it. Unless you really need email on the go I don't think you'll get your money's worth for the data plan... but that's just me.

dbk

Lifer
Apr 23, 2004
Originally posted by: gorcorps
Your only choices are AT&T and Tmobile for that unlocked BB. Both have unlimited data at $30 but Tmobile has a couple cheaper voice plans that AT&T doesn't. Cheapest plan at AT&T is $40 and cheapest on Tmobile is $30.

IMO web browsing on the Curve is quite poor and I certainly wouldn't recommend it. Unless you really need email on the go I don't think you'll get your money's worth for the data plan... but that's just me.

thanks
i'll probably just stay on the pay as you go