Question about Samsung 955DF...Help!!

gut

Oct 16, 1999
ok I just got my nice new 955DF and trying to set it up....well it seems really fuzzy to me, and probably could be partly caused by me messing with the focus settings...:) Anybody else want to share what they are using as there focus settings and refresh rates fot their 955DF..I am running a CL SDR Geforce card...I know this is probably one of the stupidest questions yall have had in a while but it is driving me NUTS!!! And even if you reset to defaults it doesnt put your focus back amongst other things..Thanks

Gut

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
I'll bring it to the top for ya :).
Sorry I can't help you. I don't think it could be defective but there is a chance it could be.

eagle

mschell

Oct 9, 1999
The first thing is you should not attempt to make any adjustments until the monitor has been on and running for at least 30 minutes. The focus control on Samsung monitors is a bit tricky to use, first you should open up a WP program and fill as much as the screen as possible with various 6p text. Identify the most blurry areas, the center area of the screen is adjusted with the middle buttons, the edge areas with the end buttons but both adjustments affect each other to some extent so you have to go slowly, alternating between the middle and end buttons. If the screen remains out of focus regardless of adjustment positions, try degaussing it, if still bad then the monitor is defective. - M.

jamarno

Golden Member
Jul 4, 2000
Degaussing won't help the focus. Try restoring the default setting, if that's possible, and turn off any moire filter. The best picture for adjusting focus is a screen full of white "+" symbols against a black background, as in a DOS window.

Samsung

Oct 11, 1999
gut

If you still have the same problem, call the support line at 1800SAMSUNG... they are pretty good at helping you make the necessary adjustment... I call them once in a while to check up on the team but they have been pretty good each time... If you experience any difficulties getting help from them, just email me.

Helman Lukito
HelmanL@sea.samsung.com