Question about ranks in BF2

chambersc

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2005
yeah, if you got it like all in one round (say you were at 789 and got all those points in 1 round) you have to wait a little bit, go into a server and earn 1 point. it's weird with EA. sometimes it takes a while to update and sometimes u need to totally logout, log back in and then earn 1 point on aanother ranked server. btw, what's ur bf2 name.

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
Originally posted by: chambersc
yeah, if you got it like all in one round (say you were at 789 and got all those points in 1 round) you have to wait a little bit, go into a server and earn 1 point. it's weird with EA. sometimes it takes a while to update and sometimes u need to totally logout, log back in and then earn 1 point on aanother ranked server. btw, what's ur bf2 name.

Okay, thanks dude. I think I earned probably 80% of it in my current session all in the same hour. Been playing for a while. :eek:

My name is LordDane.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
It takes awhile to update. It'll show I get promoted in-game, then I log out for about 20 minutes, and re-login and my unlocks will be available.

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
On the weekends, EA take a while to compile server's stats data because of the large amount of it. It must register with EA, and then you must get one point before you get the rank.

You can check the status of your stats at bf2s.com

HTF did you earn 80% of your points in one, 1 hour session? Best not be stat padding.

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
Originally posted by: Injury
On the weekends, EA take a while to compile server's stats data because of the large amount of it. It must register with EA, and then you must get one point before you get the rank.

HTF did you earn 80% of your points in one, 1 hour session? Best not be stat padding.

That was a typo, I've been playing for about 3 1/2 hours.

BTW: What *is* statspadding?

chambersc

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2005
Originally posted by: DainBramaged
Originally posted by: Injury

That was a typo, I've been playing for about 3 1/2 hours.

stat padding is the action where you go to a ranked server with the sole purpose of boosting your stats to get medals and ribbons and such. i.e. servers marked "PISTOLS KNIVES ONLY!!!" or getting a group of people and throwing nades and getting resupply bag and heal points.

btw, nice purple heart :)

*tip* purple heart is the ONLY medal you don't want to get :)

check ur stats on bf2s.com or bf2tracker.com. I like bf2s because it shows you progress bars to the next award but is slow on updating (takes like 1-2hrs sometimes) but bf2tracker.com is like ever 5mins but no bars. good luck

my bf2 name is tragedy-GMP

imported_bum

Golden Member
Jan 15, 2005
There are a couple ways to constantly rank up stats points while not actually doing anything. For example... flipping a boat upside down and repairing it. It won't explode but you won't finish repairing it so the points keep coming. It doesn't really get you points that fast so it easier to just fight and get real points IMO.

chambersc

Diamond Member
Feb 11, 2005
Originally posted by: bum
There are a couple ways to constantly rank up stats points while not actually doing anything. For example... flipping a boat upside down and repairing it. It won't explode but you won't finish repairing it so the points keep coming. It doesn't really get you points that fast so it easier to just fight and get real points IMO.

ygpm

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003

Yeah that's lame as ******.

schneiderguy

Lifer
Jun 26, 2006

doesnt work unless someone else is in the vehicle you are repairing. if you're just repairing something without anyone in it it doesnt give you any points afaik

Injury

Lifer
Jul 19, 2004
Originally posted by: chambersc
Originally posted by: DainBramaged

stat padding is the action where you go to a ranked server with the sole purpose of boosting your stats to get medals and ribbons and such. i.e. servers marked "PISTOLS KNIVES ONLY!!!" or getting a group of people and throwing nades and getting resupply bag and heal points.

Pretty much, but it's more like staging a round with the intention of artificially inflating your points instead of actually playing.

For instance, getting a few people into a server and just running from flag to flag without shooting each other... just getting the flag cap points...

Or getting a medic from the other team and killing and enemy, reviving them, then killing them again... then reviving them... over and over.

EA will erase your stats if you are found stat padding.