Question about Prayer for Judgements--*speeding tickets*

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I took a prayer for judgement in court in October of '98 for a speeding violation that I got. It lasts for 3 years. I was wondering is that 3 years from the date that you got the ticket, or 3 years from the time that you took the prayer for judgement. I actually got the ticket in May of '98.

Vincent

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
What the heck is a prayer for judgment? Whatever happened to separation of church and state?

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Holy sh!t, why must things always turn to religion bashing?

Edit: Prayer has a legal definition. By trying to sound like you have some vested interest in the state of the union, you make yourself sound like a fool.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< What the heck is a prayer for judgment? Whatever happened to separation of church and state? >>

Prayer for Judgement allows you to wipe your driving record clean of the infraction if you keep a clean driving record for 3 years. If you screw up within that three year period, the previous charge goes into full effect.

jhu

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
all hail shiva! with all due respect, wtf are you talking about nfs4?

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< all hail shiva! with all due respect, wtf are you talking about nsf4? >>

I can't believe you guys don't know what a Prayer for Judgement is. It's an actual legal term. Geez!!!! It's like a get out of jail card or something, only it refers to driving violations.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
http://www.safetync.org/DDCMecklenburg.htm

Here's another explantion:

<< This certification could lead to a Prayer for Judgement Continued known as PJC, the possibility of no drivers license points if PJC has not been issued in five years, and the possibility of no insurance points depending on the defendant?s insurance company. It is the responsibility of safe driving course participants to check with their insurance agent regarding a waiver of points on their record. >>

http://www.albemarle.cc.nc.us/colladv/communications/psa/1A_PSA_2000.html

Lucky

Lifer
Nov 26, 2000
They have that in Ill, also, but under a different name. And you only have to keep clean for a year. Got a speeding ticket 3 weeks after getting my liscense. Paid the $75 fee by mail. 3 months later, got another one. Had to go to the courtroom for this one and petition the judge, but was able to do the same thing. Neither one went on my record since I kept clean since then. :)

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

<< They have that in Ill, also, but under a different name. And you only have to keep clean for a year. Got a speeding ticket 3 weeks after getting my liscense. Paid the $75 fee by mail. 3 months later, got another one. Had to go to the courtroom for this one and petition the judge, but was able to do the same thing. Neither one went on my record since I kept clean since then. :) >>

It's 3 years here. I'm surprised that I have kept a clean record for 3 straight years :)

ThisIsMatt

Banned
Aug 4, 2000
Hey NFS4...don't have an answer for you, but I hope you don't mind my barging into your thread...

I was wondering if anyone could inform me on some of the basics of a CA speeding ticket...I got one Wed. (45 in a 30 zone):( and it seems to imply that I MUST go to court - is that true? I was also told by friends that I didn't have to go to court, I would receive the actual &quot;ticket&quot; (with fee owed, options, etc) in the mail. Anyone know? options?

snakesnfrogs

Banned
Mar 1, 2001
I would guess that it would be 3 yrs. from the POJ---not when you got the ticket.

If you were to be put on probation for some other crime, the probation would take effect on the day of sentencing, not from when the crime was committed.

erub

Diamond Member
Jun 21, 2000
In Texas, i think they call that Defer to Judication (although I may be in wrong), basically if you can go a certain lenght of time (i think 6 months for about 15-20 mph over, it may be different lengths for different speeding tickets) and pay the court costs, you won't get anything on your record. Now if you get a ticket in the period...both go on your record, and you have to pay the fine for both tickets...not a good way to go. Most ppl choose Defensive Driving rather than risk all that money.