question about paying for a ticket in CA

vital

Platinum Member
Sep 28, 2000
I gotta ticket a month ago and I do not feel like going to court. I thought they would mail me the ticket and I would just pay for it if I didn't wanna fight it but I haven't received anything in the mail. Do I need to go to court just for a traffic ticket even if I'm gonna say guilty and request traffic school?

FleshLight

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2004
No, you will get a ticket in the mail to the address registered with your license within 3 months with instructions. You can plead no contest and simply mail in a check.

vital

Platinum Member
Sep 28, 2000
Originally posted by: FleshLight
No, you will get a ticket in the mail to the address registered with your license within 3 months with instructions. You can plead no contest and simply mail in a check.

Thanks, what about traffic school? Will they also send information on how to register?

FleshLight

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2004
If you are able to attend, they will give you instructions. You can go to the dmv website to find a list of schools.

MotionMan

Lifer
Jan 11, 2006
Originally posted by: vital
Originally posted by: FleshLight

Thanks, what about traffic school? Will they also send information on how to register?

Online traffic schools FTW!!!

MotionMan