Question about Overclocking a 9700pro.

skippy33

Jan 30, 2003
Hi!
I'm new to the forums and had a couple questions. A little background first; I had a GF3 TI200. After the NV30 benches, I went out and bought an ATI 9700pro. My first question is how can I overclock it. With the GF3 there was the registry entry, is there something similar? My second question; Is there a way to manually control AA and Ansio the way I could with the GF? This is my first ATI since a Rage 128, so I could use some help. Thanks!

Aug 15, 2002
First of all welcome to the Anandtech forums.

1.) As far as I know it, there is no similar feature like the Nvidia "coolbits" in the ATI drivers, that would allow you to overclock the Radeon 9700pro directly in the ATI control panels. You need a 3rd party tool like PowerStrip. Take a look at www.rage3d.com and pick your prefered tool.

2.) You can force any AA or AF settings for OpenGL or DX within the ATI drivers, by using the ATI control panels. ATI made this very comfortable and easy to use. Just make sure, that you download and install not only the driver, but also the related ATI control panel.

Hope that answers your questions
Cheers
Speedy