Question about JVC KDSX980 (Car MP3 Deck)

MadMark

Oct 14, 2000
Hi Guys,

I am very clueless when it comes to getting a MP3 player for my car. Can you guys tell me if this is a good mp3 player? I saw the price of $169.98 from Autotoys.com. They provide free shipping if purchase is paid via Paypal. Has anyone bought anything from them before? I am basically trying to get a mp3 deck for around $200. Also, is installation of this on a 97 Civic HB going to be very complicated? I bought from Crutchfield before and they gave great instructions but they do charge $50 more than autotoys.com for this unit and shipping.

Thanks alot for any help.

Mark.

BCYL

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
It looks like a decent mp3 car deck... however I have never liked JVC's car audio products... Their other decks dont sound very good compared to decks from Kenwood or Pioneer...

There's a Kenwood mp3 deck available, and it's around the price of the JVC deck... you might wanna check that out...

MadMark

Oct 14, 2000
Hi BCYL,

Do you mean the KENWOOD KDC MPV619 MP3 (MP3! 64 COLOR DISPLAY!) $219 unit? I will certainly look up reviews on how it is.

Thanks,
Mark.

BCYL

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000

<< Hi BCYL,

Do you mean the KENWOOD KDC MPV619 MP3 (MP3! 64 COLOR DISPLAY!) $219 unit? I will certainly look up reviews on how it is.

Thanks,
Mark.
>>

Yep, that's the one I am referring to... I'm sure the JVC deck is great also, it's just I was never satisfied with the sound of a JVC deck... on the other hand, all Kenwood decks I listened to sounded great! So I have more confidence in Kenwood when it comes to car audio...