Question about interview

SyahM

Golden Member
Nov 6, 2001
I applied for a distribution analyst position with a small company in my town and today I had my first interview with the president and her office manager. The interview was long, 1.5 hour. So what do you guys think, Is a long interview a good sign or a bad sign?. Also she scheduled me to come back next friday.

I'm sending her thank you email tomorrow morning, any tips to spice up the email? TIA.

SuepaFly

Jun 3, 2001
Well, one and a half hour you have plenty to refer back to. Just fill it in with stuff that they probably remember too, aka "I thoroughly enjoyed speaking with you and --- about this and that. Often one neglects that when being a member of this small community we both share..." You know, something not only that reminds them that they talked to you, but also draws a line (like a common thread) between you.

Time isn't a factor really. I've had long interviews where they suddenly get the idea to pull in someone higher up and not gotten a call back. But the fact that she already scheduled you is probably a good sign. Its the whole feel of the interview thats really telling.