question about hte xspc rasa 750 rx360

hunkeelin

Feb 14, 2012
is xspc rasa 750 rx360 currently the BEST water cooling kit for cpu? i've been searching aftermarket cooler for 6 hours now.

and does xspc rasa 750 rx360 compatible with lga2011 and be able to fit on my rampage iv extreme without blocking my rams or other components? (i'm doing test bench style no case so i have infinite verticle room)

Labze

Sep 2, 2010
As a finished kit its one of the best you can buy, however if you chose to buy parts seperately you can get something of higher quality. However if your in for only cooling your CPU you won't need more and a RX240 will do just fine.

hunkeelin

Feb 14, 2012
As a finished kit its one of the best you can buy, however if you chose to buy parts seperately you can get something of higher quality. However if your in for only cooling your CPU you won't need more and a RX240 will do just fine.

yes i just spend another 3 hours researching, it is true that if i buy hte parts separately i will get higher quality. but i don't know what to pick. can you give me a list of what to pick?
i want my cpu water cooled and maybe my gpu.

Labze

Sep 2, 2010
Cant give you any better advice than what you may have found, i took the easy solution to buy a RX240 kit myself since i wasn't bothered ordering pieces individually. Its a great kit though especially for a starter.

hunkeelin

Feb 14, 2012
Cant give you any better advice than what you may have found, i took the easy solution to buy a RX240 kit myself since i wasn't bothered ordering pieces individually. Its a great kit though especially for a starter.

Ok. well i think i'll sit for the h100 for now. and when i decide it's not enough "probably will" i'll start up with rx360 while cooling my gpu as well THEN go to ln2 i guess.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
I would just buy the pieces individually. Get an RX360, Raystorm block, a res, pump and tube. Being frugal you could get it for $300 or so and have a better pump (d5) and better cpu block.

hunkeelin

Feb 14, 2012
I would just buy the pieces individually. Get an RX360, Raystorm block, a res, pump and tube. Being frugal you could get it for $300 or so and have a better pump (d5) and better cpu block.

Can you tell me exactly what to buy? to fit Rampage iv extreme? it seems u have the same mobo as mine u mind naming me ur WC parts? Also i heard that ek's cpu block is better than xspc's cpu block.

Grooveriding

Diamond Member
Dec 25, 2008
I've seen a review showing the Ray Storm to be better, I've used both and saw a couple degrees better temperatures with the Ray Storm. I don't think you'd notice the difference whichever you choose, just avoid the nickel plated EK blocks as they have a tendency to have their plating flake off.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/9...e_Reservoir_BP-WTZM150P-BK.html?tl=g30c97s165

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...ntel_Sockets_LGA_775_1155_1156_1366_2011.html

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/8523/ex-rad-146/XSPC_RX360_Triple_120mm_Radiator_Rev_2.html

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/kopd5stpu13.html

That is a smidge under $300, you could then get some barbs, clamps and tubing. Will likely come in a little over $300. In my experience it can get expensive once you decide to play with compression fittings. I went that way and it got expensive fast at $20 a fitting. If you want to keep costs down, get barbs and clamps.

The reservoir is personal choice/what works best for you in your case. Maybe you'd prefer a bay reservoir, or a reservoir+pump all in one. Again from my experience, it's best to look at your case and decide how it will be best laid out before you buy and try to get a sense of what goes where and dimensions.

I spent probably $100 alone just accounting for initial mistakes I made in judging how I could set up my case. I also ended up having to dremel my case to account for tubing running from the bottom. I can't stress enough really getting it right in your head how you are going to lay out the loop before you buy everything.

At least buying a setup this way will allow you to expand it at a later date if you want to add GPU etc. I was tempted to get the EK block for the R4E because the VRMs get super hot and it limits overclocking, but I just did not want the headache of routing so many tubing runs around the CPU socket and the fittings it would necessitate.

Last edited: