question about having multiple burners..

Croton

Banned
Jan 18, 2000
If i put 2 tdk 24x cdrw burners in my computer, can i burn 2 cd's at a time?

which ide channels should i put the burner on anyways?

thx dudes!

chickenhead

Banned
Jan 21, 2002
If they are burnproof drives, then sure. But you may not get 24x speed if you only have one HD because the HD will be trying to read/write two sets of files both at 24x speed.

bugsysiegel

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2001
I would think you could, couple of things you should figure out first though...

1) do you *really* need 2 burners, burning is more turn-key now than it was just a couple years ago, but buffer under-run is still a real issue to contend with
2) is your system fast enough to keep a steady flow of data to both drives? bus speed, cpu, -->hard drive xfer rates...
3) can your burn software run multiple instances? I don't know of any burn software that will burn 2 at once, it has to be out there somewhere though, industry uses it, but I would suspect what is used in the industry is proprietary and hardware specific.

I'm not an expert in this field, these are just the things that popped into my head when I seen your question. Hope it helps some.

Croton

Banned
Jan 18, 2000
oh this wouldn't be a permanent setup on my comptuer. i just have to burn lots of the same cd's and i was just looking for a way to save time. my bro and i have the same burner ...tdk 24x cdrw.

i hvae a PIII 933mHz, and i'm running a raid 0 setup..........

well, i guess i''ll just slowly burn one at a time.

heh