Question about growth spurt for asian men.

InlineFour

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
as a problem with many asian men, our height is usually shorter than of a white women. my question is, does exercising a lot during your growth spurt yield a greater growth, or is this a myth?

i'm currently 18 and 5'8".

Amplifier

Banned
Dec 25, 2004
According to Jose Canseco, he grew from 5'10" at age 18 to 6'4" by age 20. He had a little help though.

Kilgor

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
You're short get over it, find smaller chicks or girls that like small Asian guys.

thebigdude

Apr 27, 2005
If the exercising you are talking about is lifting free weights, then it will not increase your bone length (only way I could think to say it). What it does is increase bone density.

EmperorIQ

Platinum Member
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by: guoziming
Originally posted by: stormbv
5'8" isn't short...you don't know how good you have it.

haha

hehe, i'm 5' 10" and I think i'm too short. But its not a problem though, most people when they see me think I'm at least 6' 1". I am a fairly big buy, and not big as in obese too.

kogase

Diamond Member
Sep 8, 2004
Bruce Lee (one of the most bad ass men to have ever existed) was 5"7', so rest assured you can still be awesome. You probably aren't and are never going to be, just telling you your height won't necessarily hold you back.

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
Originally posted by: ucdbiendog
yeah 5'8" is tall for an asian dude. avg height for white women is like 5'5" of 5'6".
I find that the ones born in North America are way taller than the immigrants.

Nov 3, 2004
Originally posted by: kogase
Bruce Lee (one of the most bad ass men to have ever existed) was 5"7', so rest assured you can still be awesome. You probably aren't and are never going to be, just telling you your height won't necessarily hold you back.

lol

InlineFour

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Originally posted by: Howard
yeah 5'8" is tall for an asian dude. avg height for white women is like 5'5" of 5'6".

actually, i was born in HK and moved to the states when i was 5. i still eat my daily rice for dinner so it hasn't changed that much. :)

kogase

Diamond Member
Sep 8, 2004
Originally posted by: InlineFour

actually, i was born in HK and moved to the states when i was 5. i still eat my daily rice for dinner so it hasn't changed that much. :)

White or brown?

InlineFour

Banned
Nov 1, 2005

White or brown?

white.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
When my dad was in Nam, he said the white guys were the first to die because even when they crouched, because they were so tall, they were still picked off by the VC and NVA.

EvilYoda

Lifer
Apr 1, 2001
I was mostly done growing by the age of 17 or 18...from then til I was 21, I maybe grew another .5-.75", so nothing remarkable. I'm somewhere between 5'10" and 5'11" I think...haven't measured my height in a while.

*goes and finds a pencil and nearest doorway*

kogase

Diamond Member
Sep 8, 2004
white.

See, there's yer problem! I only eat brown rice. Soak it 20 hours in the fridge before cooking it (this begins the sprouting process and releases nutrients, it also makes it faster to cook).

InlineFour

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
white.

See, there's yer problem! I only eat brown rice. Soak it 20 hours in the fridge before cooking it (this begins the sprouting process and releases nutrients, it also makes it faster to cook).

i've never really liked eating rice in general. i just eat whatever is cooked for dinner, which happens to be rice. :(

EightySix Four

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2004
I think I'll trade ya a few inches... I'm 16 and borderline 6'5... Keep growing and growing... just won't stop...