Question about fighting speeding ticket?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Huz

Dec 27, 2001
To clarify my previous post, I'm pretty sure the presence of an officer varies from state to state for traffic court. In Washington state they are NOT required to be present and an affidavit can and will suffice unless you explicitly subpoena them when you send in the ticket for a court date.

Need4Speed

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 1999
Originally posted by: Huz
To clarify my previous post, I'm pretty sure the presence of an officer varies from state to state for traffic court. In Washington state they are NOT required to be present and an affidavit can and will suffice unless you explicitly subpoena them when you send in the ticket for a court date.

I was about to say that in NY, they are required by law to be there....good thing you clarified that :)

Bulk Beef

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
Tell your friend to pay up and move on.

<-recipient of many tickets, two suspensions, and one revocation (rode a bicycle and the bus for two years)

Need4Speed

Diamond Member
Dec 27, 1999
Originally posted by: sward666
Tell your friend to pay up and move on.

<-recipient of many tickets, two suspensions, and one revocation (rode a bicycle and the bus for two years)

exactly!

"If you can't do the time, don't do the crime" ... in other words, if he cant afford to speed he shouldnt