Question about ebay/paypal

BigToque

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I just won my first auction at ebay tonight, and to pay the seller, I would like to use paypal (which I have never used before either).

When I registered my paypal account, I had to use a credit card. When I log into my account, it tells me I have 1.95 US balance (which I got when I signed up). Anyway, because my account is tied to my CC, do I have to worry about the "balance" that is shown? It says I need to wait 6-8 days to transfer funds into the account if I pull it from a bank account.

Cooljt1

Golden Member
Jan 11, 2002
you usually have to transfer money form your credit card or bank account to your paypal account so you can purchase with paypal. the paypal balance is the money that is usable.

Nocturnal

Lifer
Jan 8, 2002
Basically when you add a credit card they charge $1.95 to it. When you get the statement either online or paper there is a four digit number that they add. You're going to have to take that number and input it into the Paypal site when it asks you to verify the information. From that point on you can start sending money with your credit card. If you want to add a checking or saving account you'll have to let them deposit two small amounts of money into your account. When that happens you're going to have to find out those two amounts and same like the credit card, verify it on the Paypal website.