Question about credit cards and Ebay

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001
visa, mastercard, discover, amex... they all have some sort of protection against "unauthorized charges". if i pay and the seller doesn't ship me the product, does that count as an unauthorized charge? i didn't think it would, but then ebay had links to these programs on their help page...

and also why would a seller not use escrow... i offered to pay for all escrow related costs but they didn't want to. they have about 100 feedback and all are positive, but 100 is not *that* much and it's a lot of money...

DorkBoy

Diamond Member
Sep 25, 2000
Originally posted by: gopunk
visa, mastercard, discover, amex... they all have some sort of protection against "unauthorized charges". if i pay and the seller doesn't ship me the product, does that count as an unauthorized charge? i didn't think it would, but then ebay had links to these programs on their help page...

and also why would a seller not use escrow... i offered to pay for all escrow related costs but they didn't want to. they have about 100 feedback and all are positive, but 100 is not *that* much and it's a lot of money...

Hi,
I sell alot on Ebay and I have never used escrow because of the problems of the past and reputation it has from back then, I don't think alot of sellers would use it, especially if " it's a lot of money".

"visa, mastercard, discover, amex" is this a direct charge or thru a "middle man" like Paypal?

"unauthorized charge" call your credit card for details on what they cover, some won't, some will cover any charge you send.

100% means alot, unless it's all new or for little items they sold/bought.