question about bank accounts

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
so i have a pnc checking account linked to a visa check card. i had used the check card to sign up for a free xbox live trial, which expired this friday. i HAD canceled the renewal by phone, but i checked my account tonight to make sure, and it had been charged.

the problem is that the renewal price was $49.99 and i only had $25 in my account. so online it shows a negative balance of $25...

ledger balance is still $25.

i'm assuming this is a bad thing, what do i do?

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
what if i go to the bank first thing in the morning and deposit enough to cover it?

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Call xbox live immediately.

Have the charge disputed and notify your bank.

The bank is more than happy to take money out immediatey but will wait a few days to credit the account for deposit.

cheesewhiz

Jun 12, 2001
A little late now, but if you deposit enough money to cover the negative balance before the end of the day, then your day's balance won't be negative and you won't be charged fees. At least that's how WaMu does it.

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
Originally posted by: cheesewhiz
A little late now, but if you deposit enough money to cover the negative balance before the end of the day, then your day's balance won't be negative and you won't be charged fees. At least that's how WaMu does it.

well, ledger balance still shows a positive, and its technically saturday. so i'll go first thing tomorrow and hope for the best

mzkhadir

Diamond Member
Mar 6, 2003
bank day ends at 1 or 2 pm. If its negative then, they still charge you like a 29 or 31 dollar fee.

Gooberlx2

Lifer
May 4, 2001
Call your bank and explain. Usually if they see pending charges and deposits at the same time, they'll put the deposits through first. Also, if you go to the bank itslef and deposit at the teller, it should be in the account immediately.

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
Originally posted by: Gooberlx2
Call your bank and explain. Usually if they see pending charges and deposits at the same time, they'll put the deposits through first. Also, if you go to the bank itslef and deposit at the teller, it should be in the account immediately.

thanks