• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Question Question about airflow

Rhezuss

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2006
Hey! Here's my current fan setup in my old Cooler Master CM690 II Advanced. I will add a second 120mm on my CPU cooler soon to have a Push/Pull setup.
Should I add another 140mm on the bottom to bring more air in the case?

For now, temps look ok with that config but with only one 120mm fan on for the CPU cooler.

Thanks for your tips!Case Airflow.png

UsandThem

Elite Member
Super Moderator
May 4, 2000
Should I add another 140mm on the bottom to bring more air in the case?
I personally would. I use three 140mm fans in the front of my case (compared to two exhaust fans). This also helps cut down on dust going into my case (positive vs. negative pressure).

Two fans bringing in fresh air should lower your temps, and likely reduce the RPM of your other (PWM) fans since the temps should drop on your CPU and GPU.

Reactions: Rhezuss

Stuka87

Diamond Member
Dec 10, 2010
Personally I don't like bottom mounted fans as they tend to suck in whatever dust/hair/etc that is on the surface below them. You also need to have a case that has at least 3/4" of space between the desk and bottom of the case to not restrict airflow.

But, with your case, you are somewhat limited on fan placements. And you will benefit from an extra intake. Another option is to have one on your side panel, looks like it has placement for two 120mm fans. But they may interfere with your CPU cooler.

Reactions: Rhezuss

Rhezuss

Diamond Member
Jan 31, 2006
I received my fan order, all Noctua: 2xNF-F12 for CPU cooler, 3xNF-A14 (2 on the front intake and 1 exhaust on top) and one NF-S12A for rear exhaust.
They may be ugly but damn they are quiet and efficient!

Reactions: Stuka87

ASK THE COMMUNITY