question about a Money Order

imported_K3N

Golden Member
Dec 20, 2005
I just received an MO today, and i gave it to a relative so they can cash it into their bank account and give me the cash later. I read the MO that it was valid for one year. Im about ship an item out to someone right now. I was wondwering would it be possibble for them to take back the money (cancel the MO) some how, if it werent cashed in the relative's bank account?

minendo

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2001
Originally posted by: K3N
I just received an MO today, and i gave it to a relative so they can cash it into their bank account and give me the cash later. I read the MO that it was valid for one year. Im about ship an item out to someone right now. I was wondwering would it be possibble for them to take back the money (cancel the MO) some how, if it werent cashed in the relative's bank account?
What company was the money order through?

imported_K3N

Golden Member
Dec 20, 2005
Originally posted by: minendo
Originally posted by: K3N
What company was the money order through?

Moneygram.

DayLaPaul

Platinum Member
Apr 6, 2001
There's no way for them to cancel it without it being fraud. I think they can declare the money order lost/stolen and retrieve most of the funds back, minus a processing charge. But in order to do that they would have to an affidavit saying it was lost/stolen, so once the truth came out, they'd be the ones in trouble.