Question about a job involving an acquaintance

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
I used to work with this girl. I started hanging out with her and her boyfriend. I was looking for a job. Boyfriend (whom I'm not real close to, but is a cool guy) told me to apply at his company. I do. Nothing happens. Today, I get a call from the company asking me to come in for an interview. About two hours later, I get a call from my friend telling me that her boyfriend got fired yesterday. I go for the interview and find out that I'm interviewing for the job that my friends boyfriend formerly occupied.

Is it considered rude or bad etiquette to go for the job that my friends boyfriend got fired from? I don't want to piss him off since he's a cool guy.

PetunZ

Oct 25, 2004
Whoa. I'd want to know what he got fired for before applying.

Edit - And if he's bitter about it.

BooGiMaN

Diamond Member
Jul 5, 2001
now you need only steal his girlfreind and you have successfully stolen his perfect life!

brilliant!

except of course you will need to do soemthing about the post count...he actually turns his computer off and gets out once in a while.....

Shadowknight

Diamond Member
May 4, 2001
Dude, you were already in the interviewing stages before he got fired. Besides, it's not like you're directly or indirectly responsible for getting him fired. This is a job situation, it's not like he's your best friend and you're jumping on his girlfriend the day after they broke up.

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
Originally posted by: PetunZ

He clipped a parked car with a company vehicle and he refused a drug test. He's quite pissed off at the company even though it's his own fault.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Originally posted by: DainBramaged
Originally posted by: PetunZ

He clipped a parked car with a company vehicle and he refused a drug test. He's quite pissed off at the company even though it's his own fault.

He might be all right, but not that cool if he does not 'man up' over that.
You can certainly get as much info about the company as you can before making a decision, and take it with a grain of salt.

DainBramaged

Lifer
Jun 19, 2003
I just settled the issue by talking with the boyfriend. He wholeheartedly told me to go for it as long as I didn't me the prick that ran the company.