Question about a HTPC

Phoenix15

Golden Member
Aug 9, 2001
I built a HTPC for myself. I had a old Live 5.1 lying around. I wanted to use the digital connection to my reciever, but I could never get it to work. The analog outs worked fine, but the digital out never worked. So I went to download the latest drivers and the model number of my card is not listed on Creative's website. The model number is "SB0220". If you run a search on google it pulls up several places selling it.

So anyway, anyone have any ideas on why its not working?

dcdomain

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2000
Hmmm shouldn't this be in another forum?
Did you pull up the VOLUME properties in the taskbar and click on Options/Advanced Properties, make sure everything is not muted?

Phoenix15

Golden Member
Aug 9, 2001
Well, didnt know the right forum.

Yes, everything is turned all the way u. It's like the Live isnt sending a signal out of the digital out.

Murphyrulez

Golden Member
Mar 24, 2001
Hmm.. I am using a Live in my HTPC, I had to turn on the digital output somewhere.. Cant remember it was about 2 years ago that I set it up and haven't had to mess with it since...
I'll go see if I can find out...

Murphyrulez

Golden Member
Mar 24, 2001
Maybe I was dreaming I just went through everything and couldn't find what I thought I had to do...

Goosemaster

Lifer
Apr 10, 2001
YOu need the creative software thingy. It's the one that lets you adjust speakers volumes. It has a checkbox to enable digital out.