question about a cd player

eshtog

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2001
i bought a cd player and it came with a ac connector, but it also uses batteries whats the point of the ac power thing?

badluck

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2001
usually, the AC adapter is used if you want to plug it in at home and not use up the batteries.....

eshtog

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2001
heres what happend I had batteries in my cd player then pluged in the ac connector and left it in there for like 3 hours I come back and notice that my batteries are really hot so I open the battery compartment and notice that the batteries are leaking acid how could this have happend is it a problem with the cd player BTW its a curtis cdmp300 cd player that I won on ebay.

IcemanJer

Diamond Member
Mar 9, 2001
if the batteries are not rechargable, and the cd player while plugged in is forcing the recharging, then it will have issues.

Nefrodite

Banned
Feb 15, 2001

how sad:p panasonics only charge using contacts on the side of the batteries, making sure only their batteries or ones u've modified on purpose will charge.

ac adapters useful .. esp if you sometimes hook em up to say computer speakers or something.

eshtog

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2001
yeah now I realize the ac adaptor is for charging batteries, so I think the cd player is screwed up as it should have not made my batteries blow up!

im going to get a refund and get a sony or something, do you guys think I have the right for a refund?

Yo Ma Ma

Lifer
Jan 21, 2000
Originally posted by: eshtog
yeah now I realize the ac adaptor is for charging batteries, so I think the cd player is screwed up as it should have not made my batteries blow up!

im going to get a refund and get a sony or something, do you guys think I have the right for a refund?
No, I think you have a responsibility to Read The Fine Manual that accompanied your CD player, especially regarding features you didn't understand ("it came with a ac connector, but it also uses batteries whats the point of the ac power thing?").