Queensryche at the Universal Ampitheater 2/19

DurocShark

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
Queensryche is one of my favorite bands. Has been since the 80's. Yet I've never seen them live.

I finally get a chance to see 'em and I'll be out of town!

If it wasn't for bad luck...

ScoobMaster

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2001
My favorite metal band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I heard that Chris DeGarmo is back with them too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope they plan to come to the east coast to play near me! I have not seen them since the "Promised Land" tour (The Building Empires tour when they performed MINDCRIME in its entirety was their best show!!!!!!!!)

SuperSix

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Whoa! I didn't even know they were back on tour - I must check the dates!

[edit] Crap! They aren't coming anywhere NEAR Florida.. :|

ScoobMaster

Platinum Member
Jan 17, 2001
Originally posted by: DurocShark
I have the "Operation LiveCrime" DVD and it's awesome. :D

I wish I could have seen that show. :(

Yeah - I bought LiveCrime the day it was released (I went to TWO of those shows - they were AWESOME!). I need to re-purchase the DVD (I have the crappy videocassette version).

DurocShark

Lifer
Apr 18, 2001
Ooohhh!!!

They're gonna do Operation Mindcrime in NY!!!! Plus they're working on Operation Mindcrime II!!

Heck yeah!!!!

scauffiel

Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: ScoobMaster
My favorite metal band!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope they plan to come to the east coast to play near me! I have not seen them since the "Promised Land" tour (The Building Empires tour when they performed MINDCRIME in its entirety was their best show!!!!!!!!)

Ditto!

Steve

spacelord

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 2002
I saw the Queensryche show in Detroit last week. The first act, "The Hits", was so-so. The only highlights were the few songs from Empire.

The Mindcrime set was excellent! No, DiGarmo was not with them when I saw them. There was a new scene showing how Mary died. And yes, they play (over speakers, not the band) a song from Mindcrime 2. I was not that impressed.

The "new" guitarist sucks for the most part. He's younger, and I think he's working too much on his image and attitude rather than concentrating on the music. Some really sloppy solos. ...not what I would expect from a professional musician with a band like Q.