Quantum Break coming to Retail & Steam (DX11 + Win7 compatible)

BSim500

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2013
How do you spell "lack of sales" again?... :D Not personally interested in it myself, but Microsoft's former Windows Store exclusive looks like it actually wants to sell more than a few hundred copies and is coming to Steam and retail versions next month:-
http://www.pcgamer.com/quantum-break-is-coming-to-steam-and-retail-in-september/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/474960/

"Requirements : DirectX version 11, Windows 7 64-bit"

It'll be interesting to see how much faster it runs now that it appears it's no longer UWP based...

Yakk

Golden Member
May 28, 2016
The exclusivity period is probably just expired for Microsoft, but I wonder why they bothered with DX11 at this point.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Game isn't that great anyway. I tried it on PC since they gave it to me free when I bought it for XB1. I ended up playing it on XB1 because at launch it was unplayable with massive memory leaks. The game requirements were ridiculous for what really looked nearly identical to the XB1 title. Anyhow It's nothing special, the story is convoluted and hard to follow at times, the tie in of a live action show is ok but does feel forced in rather than something that compliments the game.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
the game totally sucks..

they use live action for a lot of the movie scenes, i mean honestly, who still does that with how powerful today's computers are and how well they can render cgi?

The combat mechanics is sort of Meh...
The game story is Meh...

Honestly, after playing it for a bit on my cousin's system, its made me glad i didnt buy it, nor would i even think about buying it, unless it goes on for sale for like 10 dollars.

Infact my cousin regrets he didnt get Rise of Tomb Raider over the game, so i gifted it to him because i felt really bad after playing quantum break after how bad it was.

SPBHM

Diamond Member
Sep 12, 2012
it will be pretty funny if it's faster on DX11

and hopefully it is, because the DX12 windows store version performs not so great and have or had some bad bugs.

also being on steam means the game is going to get a lot better exposure, and probably some good sales in the future.

so overall, great news.

finbarqs

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2005
I am excited about the fact that I can finally enjoy 21:9! They must've just patched it recently... I bought the game a month ago, returned it because it didn't support 21:9 but now they do! Oh yeah, After I returned it the game was still on my system, but the guy had a "pirate patch" on his eye to signify that the game was pirated lol. But yeah, If I turned off res scaling, it runs like crap @ 3440x1440p.

I have i7-6700k w/32GB installed on a 2TB Samsun 850 Pro. Running on a GTX 1080p.. 3440x1440p yeah not gonna happen... But res scaling on makes it more playable again! I'm enjoying the story so far. It's not that bad... The game kind of reminds me of Max Payne quite a bit...